VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello Everybody.

Really this is a great forum and full of Great experienced members.

I have a problem as i want to fit for example 3 or 4 movies with space 2.5 GB for each and with high resolution on DVD 4.7GB

can i do this with making great and amazing menus with sound tracks.

I saw some DVd's like this containing 3 movies like they put SAW ( the movie which is 5 parts ) on one DVD and i saw this dvd and it was with high resoultions and high quality with amazing menu also in anthoer DVDs they put sound tracks.

I tried different programms but i dont know the right steps or the best programms to use .

Plz if someone can put full insturctions and explain everything to me

as in breif i want to burn 3 AVI Movies to 1 DVD 4.7 GB keeping the same quality and resoultuion and with full facilities on the menu

thank you

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quality is in the eye of the beholder, but you cannot put three full length movies on a 4.7 GB DVD and have full resolution and high quality and multiple multi-channel audio tracks. It cannot be done. Period.

On a DVD9 reasonable quality can be achieved if the movies are around the 90 minute mark each. Rip the movies, author a new disc that will be oversized, then use something like DVD Rebuilder to re-encode them for DVD9 using HCEnc, then burn with Imgburn. But they will not be original quality.

Most standard length movies require 5 - 6 GB for full quality, with longer movies needing over 7 GB. It can be done with less, and a 90 minute movie can look good on a single layer disc, but put 2 movies in the space and the quality is noticeably lower.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It continually baffles me how many people want to put unrealistic amounts of material on a DVD-R. What is up with that? Whats the point, really, of having the five "Saw"movies on one DVD unless you're a cheap-ass Chinese pirate distributor looking for a marketing gimmick? Is it so inconvenient to have a separate disc for each movie? I often wonder if the people who ask these questions are too young to remember VHS: compared to tape, a single movie on a single DVD takes up one twelfth the space and weight. I have entire runs of old TV dramas like "Mission: Impossible" stored 3 episodes to a DVD-R: all 170+ hours of it fit in less space than three VHS T-120s. I'm delighted with that, so I don't try to push the envelope any further. Its also worth noting, the more data you cram onto one disc, the greater your risk of a minor scratch or surface making the disc unplayable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Virius
    as in breif i want to burn 3 AVI Movies to 1 DVD 4.7 GB keeping the same quality and resoultuion and with full facilities on the menu
    If these are downloaded AVIs, are you wanting to keep the same quality that already exists in the AVI? You can't add quality where it doesn't exist, so if you're expecting to get full DVD quality and full 5:1 sound from a DVD created from a few downloaded AVIs... well, it's not going to happen, as guns1inger and orsetto have already said. But you can try to minimize the quality loss you'll get from the original AVIs when you reencode.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Virius
    in breif i want to burn 3 AVI Movies to 1 DVD 4.7 GB keeping the same quality and resoultuion and with full facilities on the menu
    Not gonna happen.
    Quote Quote