VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, so I looked up of there was a code to crack the region code on my player. But when I started the steps to do it, it told me to press numbered buttons, I think it was like (3,1,5,1) but my DVD remote has no numbered buttons. Can someone help me out. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You'll most likely need to press the number buttons; there's not really a way around that. Are you using the original remote for your DVD player?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah, that's whats so confusing
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Depending on the code, you might be able to enter it with a universal remote. Odd that the player has a remote with no number keys (first I've heard of anything like that ), but a look at VideoHelp's page for the player has other people mentioning it, too.

I did a quick websearch, and some of the posts I read elsewhere seem to imply you'd probably need to use one of the special maintenance/repair/manufacturer remotes (the type only available to the industry, not to home users) to make it region-free. I didn't see any that used a number code.

Edit: Is this the page on which you saw the code? https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/sony-dvp-ns315/1123
    There are some saying the codes/etc. do work, but I did also notice this:
    Region code hack posted by Fred, October 29 2003:
    Hi, ALL.

DVD-player Sony DVP-NS315 r1/r3/r2-Japan don,t have solderless upgrade
    (Example: PDA, DESKTOP, IRC, CD-R and etc....) in
    variant MULTIREGION, and NTSC and PAL-enable, and Macrovision OFF.

The modification of this player is done only through special
    Sony-Data-service-cable and special firm software through plugs
    On main-board (plug CN-103) and on IR-board (plug CN-405).

P.S.: NOTE - Besides, on main-board of this player it is necessary to install additional
    Components for Pal-enable.
    ...so, I don't know. I wouldn't put it past Sony to make it difficult for consumers to make the players region-free, though.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had a Sony NS305 years ago, and that needed a chip soldered inside to make it region free
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Sony players are notoriously difficult to make region free and it's becoming more difficult especially to make DVD players sold in the USA and Canada become region free. I just want to warn you that there is some chance that you will never be able to make this player region free.
    Quote Quote