VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an outdoor area out the back we are mounting a little TV onto. I have a cable TV box that I will run out using the coax output (about 40m when I go up and down walls to conceal cable) and into the TVs coax input.

However the TV has an inbuilt digital tuner to pick up free to air TV which I would also like to run a cable out to as that has channels that are not reproduced on cable and the antenna would need to plug into this coax slot.

I am at a bit of a loss how I will get two plugs into one slot!

I know with standart AV ports you can get little adapters so you plug multiple devices into it and then switch to the one you want via that device, does something like this exist for coax inputs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You know the standard input where you plug your Antenna into? ONe of those.

The picture in your link seems to give me 2 outputs so I can plug the same thing into 2 devices.

I actually need to plug 2 devices into one device if that makes sense.

I got 1 input and 2 plugs to plug into it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need to buy a cheap coax switching box that will let you connect multiple cources into the small TV, and switch between them. You cannot simp[ly mix the signals from the cable box and the digital TV. It is on or the other at a time, but not both. A switching box do this for you.

This is basically what netmaks56 has suggested if you look at the items he posted. Another similar piece of kit is this one : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002ZPIQ4/ref=asc_df_B0002ZPIQ4871546?smid=A385A0XNQBW8HY&ta...SIN=B0002ZPIQ4

None of these look pretty or have remote switching.

If you want something prettier then look for something like this : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N2565Y/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Note : I am not recommending any particular kit. These suggestions are based purely on what little information you have provided. You need to confirm that any such device meets your individual needs.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote