VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello cats,

I am on my last leg here. I am desperately trying to create a solution which will allow me to play terabytes of various music videos - majority (90%) in MKV, with a few in AVI/MPG. I could do the mammoth task of extracting the audio stream on each MKV, and remixing with a normalized version, but this would take so much time and time is not on my side at the moment. I've tried everything - trying to use post-processing in audio programs like Winamp, even Media Player Classic (which is the only thing I have working right now for post normalization processing!!). I'd like to know..

- is there a way to batch/bulk edit MKV's (and AVI/MPG and other video sources, with a possible change of script) to edit all these videos so the solution is viable to be run for future video installments on a per batch basis, not per video
    - currently the platform I'm on is Mac OS X for playing and Windows for editing. I am prepared and will create the platform OS on whatever works best
    - is there a player out there for Mac OS X or Windows that will do MKV/AVI/MPG etc and normalize post playing, without the need for altering the video audio itself?

As I said, the normalize feature in Media Player Classic has suprisingly worked well, but MPC as a solution isn't that great with playlists.

I am prepared to reward someone financially but I am DESPERATE to come up with a solution as time is running out. If there is one good deed you can do, I would be forever greateful for any assistance because I am losing sleep and potentially losing business if I don't get this sorted.

Fingers crossed, thanks for reading guys!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Check out KMPlayer

It's a PITA to do it after the fact, much easier to do when you are making the mkv. Not to mention you will lose quality if you re-encode the audio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what does PITA stand for? will this player be exactly what I am looking for?

unfortunately I am not making the MKV's, so the solution in place has to be reflective of that. so either a very robust re-editing batch script/method or a program which does the audio normalization post-processing/while playing.

..so KMPlayer should be able to do that for me?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Pain In The @$$". Have you tried MPC HomeCinema? It supports playlists. And for batch editing AVIDeMux may work for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I've tried MPC Home Cinema - it is the one that can do the normalization. However it is difficult to Open a whole directory, as nothing happens when importing a mass folder of .MKV's. Does MPC Home Cinema support playlists that can be easily created on another platform? and how reliable is MPC Home Cinema normalization?

as I said - I am open to any and every option available!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    by the way - I've installed KMPlayer and am using it, I can't believe I've never heard and/or used this player before!

I am using it to play tracks - it seems to automatically, with a straight out of the box install, to normalize all videos? is this right?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I just ran MPC HT 1.2.908.0 and dragged a whole directory of various vid files to it and it made a playlist. Also tried it with the 'Open Directory' command on the 'File' menu.
    Quote Quote