VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen plenty of threads when I search Google about people having audio trouble when they convert VOB to AVI, but none of them had a solution.

I really don't even need it to be an AVI file, I just need to be able to edit it in Premiere. Anyway, I selected AVI, and left the audio settings at automatic, which I believe was MP3 stereo. The video turned out great, and the audio was in sync, but it was over modulated in some of the louder sections of the video.

So, I tried converting it again, but this time using AC3 instead of MP3. This time, the audio and video turned out fine when I played it in VLC, but when I tried to play it in WMP and edit it in Premiere, the audio wouldn't play at all, even in the source monitor. And when I'd drag it to the timeline, the video would appear in the Video 1 channel (where I dragged it to), but the audio always ended up in the Audio 4 channel.

Does anyone have any idea why it would play back fine in VLC, but not in WMP, and not in Premiere? And what does it mean when the audio automatically goes to the Audio 4 channel in Premiere, is that pretty much a red flag that something went wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In WMP you probably need an ac3 decoder like ac3 filter or ffdshow.

What version of Premiere?

But for editing dvd I would instead use vob2mpg(no qualitty loss) and try import the mpg directly in Premiere or use a dedicated dvd mpeg editor like mpeg video wizard.
    Quote Quote