VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there, i just ripped my LOTR: The Two Towers extended edition to my computer using AnyDVD and CloneDVD. They are perfect rips, no compression and they are in the Video_TS,.ifo,.vob format. Problem is that there are two discs so I would have to play the first disc and then have it stop and then open up the 2nd folder to finish the movie.

anyway i can just make it one long movie? im guessing i have to change the .ifo and rename the .vob...

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVd shrink in the reauthoring mode. CLick on for guides. You will lose the menus though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I always rip without their menus so shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the link I'll check it out
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You should realize that both rips together are probably too big to fit even on a dual layer disc, so you'll probably have to shrink them to get them small enough to fit on one disc when you do this. Expect some quality loss if you have to shrink them. DVD Shrink can do that for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't want to burn the DVD, just keeping it in my DVD library for watching on my HTPC

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so, any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just use DVD Shrink as already recommended or use DVD Rebuilder, remove what you don't want in the final product, and select the desired hard drive folder as the destination.

Tutorials/user guides for both applications exist on this and a number of other websites.
    For Videohelp.com, look to the menu items on the left;
    "How To".
    THREADKILLER !
    References on File.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suspect you will have an issue trying to keep the entire set together in a DVD structure. The files sizes will be too big, and you will run out of VOBs in a single VOB set. You might get away with 2 titlesets, but then you might as well keep two disc structures if you do that.

DVD Shrink with no compression is the simplest way to bring the two together, and it will create two titlesets (that is just the way it works. You will have to set compression to No Compression and OK through the warning to create the new disc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by dreborn
    I don't want to burn the DVD, just keeping it in my DVD library for watching on my HTPC

thanks
    I don't understand. You watch it from HTPC, why do you need them in same folder? If you want to watch two movies back to back, you can rip them in other video formats, then use play list.
    Quote Quote  
  10. You can use Vobmerge to make a only big vob with all your vob (remember, only the "film" vob, not extras or menu vob's), rename the new vob to VTS_01_1.vob and then you can use ifoedit to make the new ifo and bup for this big new vob file.

I'm using this method with little vob's and work fine for me (using the ps3 for watching the film like a single file). Try it and let us know.
    Quote Quote