VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I'm trying to make an AVCHD disc, I have a BD burner, but since the video is very short it fits on a dvd so I wanna make it an AVCHD, the problem is when I try to author it with Arcsoft's Total Media Extreme, well it gets done ok, with menu and all, but then I burn it with imgburn and when I put it on the ps3 and in another blu-ray player it gets to the menu but when I press the button for the video to begin, in the ps3 it gives me this error 'This movie cannot be played 80029946' and in the blu ray player it plays the sound but no image.
    I also tried running the folders created from Total media extreme through BDRebuilder, MultiAVCHD and same result. With TSMuxer the results are the same, either with AVCHD output or Bluray, the original file I'm trying to make has this properties reported by mediainfo:
    Video: AVC at 7 951 Kbps 1280 x 720 (1.778) at 50.000 fps, AVC (Main@L4.0)(CABAC/4 Ref Frames)
    Audio: AAC at 132.3 Kbps 2 channels, 48.0 KHz
    and the files that TotalMediaExtreme made are the same video properties but converted the sound to this:
    Audio: AC-3 at 384 Kbps 2 channels, 48.0 KHz
    In TSMuxer I tried making the video to 4.1 profile but didn't work.
    Any ideas??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mirwais
    Hello, I'm trying to make an AVCHD disc, I have a BD burner, but since the video is very short it fits on a dvd so I wanna make it an AVCHD, the problem is when I try to author it with Arcsoft's Total Media Extreme, well it gets done ok, with menu and all, but then I burn it with imgburn and when I put it on the ps3 and in another blu-ray player it gets to the menu but when I press the button for the video to begin, in the ps3 it gives me this error 'This movie cannot be played 80029946' and in the blu ray player it plays the sound but no image.
    I also tried running the folders created from Total media extreme through BDRebuilder, MultiAVCHD and same result. With TSMuxer the results are the same, either with AVCHD output or Bluray, the original file I'm trying to make has this properties reported by mediainfo:
    Video: AVC at 7 951 Kbps 1280 x 720 (1.778) at 50.000 fps, AVC (Main@L4.0)(CABAC/4 Ref Frames)
    Audio: AAC at 132.3 Kbps 2 channels, 48.0 KHz
    and the files that TotalMediaExtreme made are the same video properties but converted the sound to this:
    Audio: AC-3 at 384 Kbps 2 channels, 48.0 KHz
    In TSMuxer I tried making the video to 4.1 profile but didn't work.
    Any ideas??
    Click the "What Is -> Blu-Ray" link in the top left.
    Just glancing at it, it looks like the fps might be the problem. At 1280x720, I believe the standard is 23.976, rather than the 50.
    Quote Quote  
  3. AAC is definitely non-compliant

720p/50 is compliant
    http://www.avchd-info.org/format/index.html

Might be other things like #consec b-frames/b-pyramid can screw playback on some units. Did you burn udf 2.5?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Could you try to make it without a menu and see if that helps? I recently acquired an AVCHD disc of a foreign film not likely to ever be released in the USA. It seemed to have some kind of menu on it and it caused my BluRay player to have fits. I re-authored it without a menu using tsmuxer and it worked fine.

AAC is definitely bad. Whatever you do, you absolutely have to have a way to convert that. AC3 is fine.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, I burned with udf 2.5 and I fed Tsmuxer and Multiavchd the files generated by Arcsoft's Total media extreme which converted the audio to standar AC3 to be compatible, nothing works, the files seem to be avchd compliant so I don't know what's wrong
    by the way those files work on the ps3 on a usb drive as data, but not as avchd.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Firstly, try re-encoding the AAC (non-BD compliant as mentioned) separately with another AC3 encoder (a good free one is Aften that will work) and try again. You'd be surprised how some AC3 streams encoded from certain encoders are NOT blu-ray compliant and give players fits. (I can upload a sample of one if anyone's interested in proof).

As I don't think TM E is re-encoding video (otherwise you'd know) I'd really like to know where you got your video source too. Not all AVC streams are BD compliant no matter how you author them with whatever tool - even with the correct fps/rez.

Also, playing it through a stick/drive likely activates a file playback feature in the unit, not the playback of a compliant disc that needs compliant authored (a/v) streams - hence the "compatibility" difference IMO.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  7. the first thing I wanted to do was to convert the AAC file to AC3 so it would be compatible, I used Aften and other programs I downloaded specifically for it but none worked, they showed errors and stuff, the only program that let me create a supposedly working avchd disc was TotalMediaExtreme, and it converted the audio to AC3, so it was my only option I think. And yeah TotalMediaExtreme doesn't reencode the video, just the audio.
    The videos i'm trying to burn are this:
    http://hd-video-music-1080i.blogspot.com/2009/07/madonna-sticky-and-sweet-tour-hd-720p.html
    I guess they came from a tv capture from Europe
    Quote Quote  
  8. I would say the disc has alot of errors or you need to update the writers firmware.
    Are you using the latest ImgBurn?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is why I'm only using MainConcept Reference to encode for Blu-ray, the specs are too much of a pain in the ass, worse than DVD-Video was.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  10. This error usually means that you're trying to play a PAL disc on NTSC player and I bet your PS3 is NTSC and your friend's blu-ray player is also NTSC, but the video you're using (50fps) is PAL.
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote  

11. I thought there was no PAL, NTSC difference with HD material, only SD, and yeah, both my players are NTSC.
    So my only option is to reencode the video to make it NTSC compatible to burn as AVCHD or watch it on the ps3 as files from a usb or data disc.
    I thought 50 fps was like 24p, thus the (almost) double frames :P 24fps is the standard for blu-ray right?
    guess I'm wrong.
    Anyway thanks for all your replies!!!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK
    I would say the disc has alot of errors or you need to update the writers firmware.
    Are you using the latest ImgBurn?
    I don't think there's error with disks since I used different dvds and a BD-RE and burned to usb and always the same, I didn't have the latest imgburn, but i dont think it's the problem (read what MultiAVCHD wrote)
    Quote Quote  
  13. It is a player restriction about framerates (thus PAL/NTSC incompatibility, despite we're talking about HD). Your menu works because it probably is 29.970 1080i.

25p and 50i are PAL framerates and in this matter PAL users have no restrictions because 99% of PAL players will handle both PAL and NTSC content. Not the same thing for the NTSC part of the world - 99% of the NTSC players will play ONLY NTSC.

Latest version of multiAVCHD will warn you about that (in the log).

And finally - yes - your only option is to reencode 50fps to 59.94 or to 23.796 or 29.970fps, but then you'll have to take care of the audio, too. There is a 'uncrop'/'reencode' option in Title Properties in multiAVCHD which can help you convert your video to NTSC.

Dean
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    @multiAVCHD - Good work to think of the frame rate. I assumed that mirwais was from the UK so that was OK. However, it's not correct that 99% of our DVD players in NTSC land won't play PAL discs. Philips players and some others will convert PAL to NTSC. The real problem these days in the USA and Canada is finding players that can be made region free. That is becoming very difficult.

@mirwais - I'm not criticizing you as my location is bogus, but your failure to put your real location or let us know that you live in North America delayed our ability to solve your problem. When it's appropriate, I admit here that I live in the USA but there are reasons why I am not going to put that in my location information. You've been a member a long time and you really should either have let us know at the beginning that you lived in the USA or you should have realized yourself that this might be a PAL->NTSC issue.

Anyway, as you found out the BluRay standards allow for both PAL and NTSC type framerates for 1280x720 video. It's only when you have 1080p video that it's at 24 fps.
    Quote Quote  
  15. MultiAVCHD: thanks, but I think I'm gonna save the reencoding time and just burn the videos as data, I don't think I want to have audio issues as well :P
    jman98: point taken, I usually give all the info I can to avoid this, I just forgot
    thanks all!
    Quote Quote