VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey.

I'm looking for some pointers about what hardware I should buy to capture video from a xbox 360 baring in mind how my rig is currently set up:

Tv is connected to a scart hub since it only has one scart socket.
    Scart hub is connected to a 360 and a scart to s video cable which lets me use the tv as a monitor for my pc.

I'd like to capture the output of the xbox 360 whilst beeing able to see it on the tv. If the sound were to come out of my pc speakers as apposed to the ones built into the tv it would be a bonus but i'l primairially concerned about capturing gameplay.
    I'm assuming I need some form of splittor to do this but i'm clueless when it comes to video terminoligy so I don't really know what to search for.
    I also don't really know that much about capture cards which makes finding one that has the right inputs and is a good qualitty one some what hard.

If anyone could give me any advice at all in regards to the above it would be a real help.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I will start the ball rolling, but hopefully you'll get more informative answers than mine.

I am no expert on this subject. However, I do know that some games actually output a PAL-60 video signal. I think this is for games created in NTSC land and having them output PAL-60 is the lazy way to "convert" them to PAL standards. Most capture cards can't capture PAL-60 video. So you will need to find a card that can do so.

We've had some discussions on this before. Our search option is horribly broken unless you go to the forum index where you can see the names of all forums we have. Do your search there and look for PAL-60 and you should find some helpful matches.

SCART isn't used at all in North America, so I have no personal experience to offer any advice on that or what special requirements that might make for you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is a delay on capture cards, so your button presses won't line up with what you see on screen. You usually have to split the signal before the capturing takes place. This used to be easy with a VCR, but it's gotten more complex as VCRs have died off, and as game connectors have become more high-end.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote