VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Do you participate in online product surveys?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So do you participate in online product surveys?

I do on occasion. I took part in a massive 800 song survey of a local radio station. That way I was able to give my input on what types of songs I like on the station.

I have also just done two surveys for Bestbuy and Gamestop (two sweepstakes - hey why not - probably better odds than the lottery ).

I don't do it for everything. Only if its something I use frequently.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Used to participate for products I had an interest in but many mfg now conclude their surveys with wanting to know who you are and also want to sell you something else. Instead of a survey, many are now just selling tools.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  3. If I purchase something and printed on the receipt is a link to a customer survey, I will generally go on-line and fill it in, but if they have mandatory questions for demographic data, (meaning there is no "decline to answer" option for race, income level, etc.), then I abort the survey.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No. Many of them want to runs scripts, pop-ups, IE-only websites, etc -- forget that. Then there are page after page of questions. Takes too long.

I'll review products in published articles, if they want to send it to me for free or a minimum 30-day loan (they handle shipping tab both ways). Software must be fully unlocked, and I need 60 days minimum.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Other, I couldn't care less to give them any feed back, unless the product is free.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The woman at the local grocery mentioned I go online, take a survey, and get a free loaf of french bread. 45 questions later, I got a coupon for 79 cents.

Companies have to pay big bucks to get data via surveys....After that stunt, I'd suggest to never ever give them any of your time or any information...especially for 79 cents.

Had I known it was 45 questions long, I'd have charged $100
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nah...

I got zapped with the above scenario a time or two, so not again. It's just not worth it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Technically you can't select "No - not worth my time", because this is a survey...................

That's what I chose, by the way.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote