VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I am looking at buying a new camera, Panasonic Luminx TZ7, will Adobe Premier Elements recognise the HD voider recodered in AVCHD Lite Mode, I don't want to buy the camera only to find out my editing program clashed with the file footage from the camera.

Thanks,

Nick..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Assume not unless you can verify otherwise in a Lumix or Premiere Elements forum with actual users.

AVCHD "Lite" seems to be more of a marketing term than a technical specification and is deceptive and non-descriptive IMO. The AVCHD official site says AVCHD Lite means restricted to 1280x720p. Original AVCHD was 1440x1080i. I assume 1920x1080p might be called AVCHD "heavy"?

Typical 1280x720p AVCHD has a 17Mb/s bit rate and a 15 frame GOP (at 30p) but the standard is loose and often not compatible between manufacturers.

Normally "PAL" equipment use 25 fps and a 12 frame GOP. Many digital cameras seem to be ignoring 25fps. This is important if you want to convert to PAL DVD or PAL Blu-Ray without frame rate conversion losses.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote