VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I try to reauthor a DVD, I unchecked all the subpictures, but while I try to play the reauthored DVD with WMP, I still can choose "closed caption" in the playing options. Is it imposible to extract it out of my DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Closed Captions are different than subtitles because they are embedded in the video.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic311146.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a way to remove line 21 (analog) closed captions entirely, but it requires de-multiplexing the video and re-authoring the DVD.

1. De-multiplex. I suggest ReJig or PgcDemux.
    2. Open the .m2V file using Restream and select Remove for User Data. Don't change anything else.
    3. Re-author DVD usingf the new video stream and the old audio stream.

If you have removed the menus using DVD Shrink, no problem. Re-authoring the audio and video as a menuless DVD is easy. However, re-using the original menus may be more work than it is worth. Creaing new ones could be easier.

There are also two flags in the IFOs that indicate line 21 (analog) closed captions are present. Turning them off using IFOEdit will stop WMP or PowerDVD from turning on closed captions directly, but the closed caption data is still there. There's still a way to display them indirectly using WMP or PowerDVD and any TV with closed caption capability will still display them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info.
    Quote Quote