VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi.. first timer here so.. sorry if wrong post or solved.

I have a sony HDR-SR12E handycam.. its a HD handycam (HDD type). Now everytime i play the files in my computer (other than using the software provided by the handycam for editing) it always has problems. It plays the videos and sounds, but theres a lot of jagged pictures and noise and like broken boxes on and off. its like an unfinished downloaded avi video, one second its perfect, another second its jagged and at time the pictures gets scrambled, and then goes back to normal.

I hv no problem playing it on the popcorn hour on my tv.

Is this a common problem? any way to fix it? i'm now using the latest klite player for pc.

thanks
    mark
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What player are you using? Try MPC-HC and SPlash.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    am using the one provided by klite
    mpc hc, tried vlcplayer, zoomplayer as well
    the file plays.. but every other second its jagged and buggy like its scrambled

thanks for reply btw.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    btw, splash works great.. except for the annoying logo on the left hand corner.

any idea why splash works and others don't? is it because splash uses nvidia hardware rendering?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by statang
    btw, splash works great.. except for the annoying logo on the left hand corner.

any idea why splash works and others don't? is it because splash uses nvidia hardware rendering?

thanks
    probably because Splash uses h/w acceleration for video decoding in your case (your cpu is too slow probably for software decoding). it works great after installaltion, without additional advanced configurations required.
    i use this software for h.264 and avchd files. provides the best quality on software decoding (1080i to 1080p conversion).

mpchc can play avchd too but it is a real nighmare to set it all up.

this logo in left corner... it was annoying, dunno how but i used to it and dont care about anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    my pc is a 3.0 ghz dual core and my video card a nvidia gtx 280.. with 8gb of ram and vista 64bit sp2
    i don't think its too slow for software but i may be wrong.

like i said, the other software can play avchd but its problematic *have jagged and glitches every other second*.

at the moment the only one that plays smoothly is splash and the one from sony handycam software itself (which is not preferable :P)

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh
    your pc is quite powerfull and should play avchd without any problems with software decoding.
    should be more than enough even for software decoding with 1080i to 1080p conversion in Splash.
    VLC is not good option for h264 and avchd as it uses only 1 core for decoding.
    i had some experience with sony motion browser and dont like it neither
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks
    ic.. so only splash right now.. guess have to wait for it to be official so i can buy it.

thanks for the info.. splash it is then ...
    Quote Quote