VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to merge 2 Avi files together before encoding in TMPGENc Xpress V4.0?.I know it can be done in ConvertXtoDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can have the 2 files merged while encoding with tmpenc express,in the format screen choose output all clips into one file.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    @niteghost - Bold and italics is serious overkill here. We like it a lot more when your entire post is like mine - regular text.

Well, I don't know about TMPGenc, but you certainly can merge 2 AVI files together in Virtual Dub or Virtual Dub Mod (both free). A web search can find guides on how to do this. Just remember to choose Direct Stream Copy when saving so you don't have them re-encode your merged files.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    @niteghost - Bold and italics is serious overkill here. We like it a lot more when your entire post is like mine - regular text.
    I guess I must be going "Blind", encoding all those Pr0n....LOL
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0
    You can have the 2 files merged while encoding with tmpenc express,in the format screen choose output all clips into one file.
    What if I want to do this:

File 1

File 2 : Part A & Part B

File 3

all in 1 DVD - SL5??
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Encode file 1+3 and choose output each file separately,encode file2 a+b and merge by itself.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98

Well, I don't know about TMPGenc, but you certainly can merge 2 AVI files together in Virtual Dub or Virtual Dub Mod (both free). A web search can find guides on how to do this. Just remember to choose Direct Stream Copy when saving so you don't have them re-encode your merged files.
    What I do NOT understand is , if I ouput Each Individual File, iit looks like it won't fit, when I load them up into TDA later. I did a 700MB avi file, and when finished encoding I saw the size to be 4.2 Gigs, Mpeg II?[ I set the output to fit a DVD-5]

Now, If I input 3 or 4 files, simultaneously and have Xpress, fit it into a Format of a DVD-5 it;s fine too, , ...so I am confuse, working back and fourth between Xpress and TDA
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Seems like you need to do more reading about bitrate and how much time you put on a dvd,usually you put 2 hours of 720x480/576 video at 4600 kbps and audio at 448kb.

If you put more than 2 hours then you gotta lower the bitrates accordingly so about 4.37gb can be burned to dvd5,tmpgenc automatically adjusts the bitrates so several files will fit on a dvd5 and if the time is over 3 hours then the bitrates are so low your picture will start looking like crap.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0
    Seems like you need to do more reading about bitrate and how much time you put on a dvd,usually you put 2 hours of 720x480/576 video at 4600 kbps and audio at 448kb.

If you put more than 2 hours then you gotta lower the bitrates accordingly so about 4.37gb can be burned to dvd5,tmpgenc automatically adjusts the bitrates so several files will fit on a dvd5 and if the time is over 3 hours then the bitrates are so low your picture will start looking like crap.
    I have put on as much as 5 hours with several Files, on a single layered DVD, using ConvertXtoDVD setting the picture quality as medium and I would have to say 90% of the time, it comes out GREAT!!, just that I wanted to try TDA, because of their Excellent choices of Menu Templates, and authoring flexibilities.
    Quote Quote