VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ok so I have an anime thats in mkv format, but its in jap with english subtittles and I have the same anime with english audio but the video quality is better for the one with the audio in jap, so I want to remove the audio from the second one and add it to the first one, im using a mac and the programs I downloaded to do so are MKVtoolnix and tsMuxerGUI, using tsMuxerGUI I was able to extract the audio track I dont know if I did it the right way but I beleive so I ended up with a file named Ghost in the Shell S.track_2.aac, now I have no idea how to use MKVtoolnix so if someone could help me out and tell me how to do it thatd be great.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use mkvmerge gui (mmg) and load the original mkv and then add the new audio file. But I'm not sure if the mac version include the mmg....maybe mkvtools has a gui for it.

And I'm moving you to our mac section.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I try and add the audio but when I save it and try to open the video file nothing happens vlc opens but nothing starts or sounds

and since I honestly dont know how to use mkvtoolnix I might be doing it wrong but what I do is press add and choose the file that has the good video quality then I press add again and choose the sound file I got from the other one and its called Ghost in the Shell S.track_2.aac , then I choose what folder I want it to mux to and press start muxing but after its done like I said nothing happens.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I'd recommend trying MKVTools as well, over mkvtoolnix (do the OS X builds have GUI apps, in the newest versions?). Besides, I've heard a number of stories about problems with the more recent versions of mkvtoolnix not working correctly under OS X.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok ill try MKVTools but can you tell me or someone tell me how to do it step by step im a noob at this have no idea how its done
    Quote Quote  
  6. Extact the audio & video from each video(demux) that you want to keep. Then drag&drop the video & audio files into your program to save as a .MKV file...
    Quote Quote