VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Compare your screenshot with how DSG Project Settings are supposed to look:

The font size is too big and makes things come out wrong.

Here's how one user solved that problem:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic245071-750.html#1947271
    I then went back to the desktop graphical settings and then into an advanced panel and changed the "dpi" setting from 120 to "standard 96 dpi" and this fixed the problem.
    2) it took about 6 minutes to upload the file
    What file?

On converting pdf to jpg - the only way I know is Ctrl+PrtSc and paste it into a paint program and crop it. Check out Paint.Net - if you do not know it.

On your last question - I would recommend you to check out the tutorial section on the DVD slideshow GUI site - link at signature - to learn about Safe Area and the animation tool. And maybe to run through the DSG included help it will only take you a few minutes.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK - my slideshow is perfect, and congratulations to a wonderful program - are you the author? I have different durations for different segments - even though it shows 75/15 on the Project Setting"; and by unchecking "Safe Area", the picture now covers most of the field.

I am now ready to export it onto a dvd. I've been consulting your Video Guide; but when I click the Export icon on my file, the "Save In" doesn't give the name of my file. In "Save as Type", I CAN change the .mpg to .iso - should I?

So, what's next?

temp1.docx
    Quote Quote  
  3. Not sure if I understand your question...

If you want a videofile then export to mpg - which can be played back realtime and in sync.

If you want to burn a DVD you need to hit the 'Burn' button and ImgBurn(optional download in the installer like Avisynth) will be used as the burner soft.

If you want to burn with some other burn software you can export as .iso(disk image file) - which can be used by most burning programs - just import and burn.

If you want to check that iso before burning it - you can use Virtual Daemon to mount the .iso file as if it was allready burned on a dvd.

And finally if you want a more advanced dvd with menus you could export to .gfd - but you need to download and install Gui for dvdauthor first. There's a videotutorial at the DSG homepage on how to do the export.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for all your help. I actually managed to burn a good DVD, by using File>Export, and then File>Burn (rather than the following website:
    http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DVDsGUI069.htm)

Now I'm running into another problem. The show is about half-an-hour long, and the Exporting and Burning process took a very long time. I want to be able to burn more of the same DVD without having to go through that lengthy process. From your answer above, it seems to me that Virtual Daemon would answer my need - am I correct?

As of now, there is no .iso file in my computer. So, my first question is: if I go through the Export process once more - what can I do so that the resulting .iso file is saved in - say - My Documents?

If I use Virtual Daemon, would that just store the Exported file (now .iso, I assume) and I would still have to go through the lengthy Burn process? I don't suppose there is a way that allows me to just put a blank DVD into my D-drive and copy my virtual DVD onto it?

I do appreciate your patient help - thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. To get the contents of the dvd disk onto you computer:
    Copy the folders(AUDIO_TS+VIDEO_TS) with the contents onto your computer.

To get the DVD onto another DVD disk:
    Use a burn application and burn the two folders(AUDIO_TS+VIDEO_TS) onto a new DVD disk and it will work as a standart dvd disk.

It seems to me that you should read up on what the various formats are:
    ISO: https://www.videohelp.com/glossary?I#ISO It's like a DVD/CD burner friendly ZIP format.
    MPG: https://www.videohelp.com/glossary?M#MPEG-2
    DSG: Is the internal format for DVD slideshow GUI projects - and not a video format - just some data.
    If you want to read up on what a DVD is: https://www.videohelp.com/dvd#struct

So if you want to make an iso file out of the contents on the disk Imgburn can be used for that.

I can't remember if DSG cleans up after the Burn process(deleting the iso and such) - I hope it does - because those files can get extreamly big.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    before I go any further, where do I find these folders (AUDIO_TS+VIDEO_TS)?

Through Search, I found a video_ts.tga program (which is for ASHAMPOO), but I suspect that's not what I need.

I ran my DVD and there's nothing on it indicating any sort of a folder.

Meanwhile I'm going to look at the various sites that you recommend. As I'm sure you've noticed, I've never done that sort of thing before, and if I sound like an innocent from abroad, it is because I really am.

So, thanks again for your continued help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Does that dvd run when you insert it into your computer/start up a dvd player app?

Does it work on your standalone player?

Those folders should be on the DVD you burned?
    (My Computer - right click on the dvd drive and select Explore)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes and yes.

But the key was Explore, and, indeed, there are the two missing folders: The AUDIO_TS is empty, but the VIDEO_TS is 1.21GB and contains a total of 6 files, including 2 media files, and when I clicked on them. in each case, my show (including music) started. So perhaps I don't need an AUDIO_TS folder?

So I copied the VIDEO_TS to My Videos. Then put a blank DVD into the computer and clicked on Copy to CD (there is no Copy to DVD). I clicked on IMGBurn Image, and it proceded to do so, but the result was a Notepad with lots of text. I am attaching the "Volume Label" window - maybe I should have changed the Log Files?

And when I click on the VIDEO folder which is now in My Video, I don't get the show, but only the folder showing the icons of the 6 files.

Now, before sending this, I went once more to Explore, and the AUDIO_TS has altogether vanished.

temp1.docx
    Quote Quote  
  9. I don't understand what the problem is...

If you what to make an iso file. Imgburn has an option - when you open it: Programs > Imgburn > Imgburn called Create Image from Disk - try to use that.

It is not recommended to ignore the Audio_ts folder. Some standalone player migth not accept a DVD disk without it.

Or though it might be a bit time consuming - in the end of the day - it might be faster for you just to export an .iso file from DSG?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I finally managed to do everything I wanted- many thanks to all of you.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Good to know, thanks.
    Quote Quote