VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am looking for a video player were I can create a playlist that the video player will remember. And the ability to create as many as I want...

For example: Put all my Seinfeld episodes into the playlist, play it, then once I close the video player it will remember that what file I was in at the play list (the ability to go at the act time of that file would also be nice).

The ability to setup multiple playlist is also critical... So maybe have a Seinfeld one, a Simpson one, King Of Queens, etc. Id simple select the playlist and it would instantly start playing were I left off.

Does that software exist? Any suggestion?
    Quote Quote  
  2. bump
    Quote Quote  
  3. I just blew everyone's mind away eh?
    Quote Quote  
  4. bump?

Ive checked: WPM, MPC, MPlayer, VLC, etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if there are any players that support resuming where you left off when you last closed the player. (There probably are; I'm just personally not aware of any.) MPC/MPC-HC has playlist abilities, which I believe should let you use multiple playlists - however, I don't use the playlist features in either, so I wouldn't be the one to ask about how to do it.

MPC/MPC-HC don't support resuming through opening/closing the program, but you can use the Favorites menu to make a bookmark of your exact position in a file. Selecting that Favorite will load the file and jump to the position. However, as I mentioned, I don't know if that'll work with a playlist.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I didnt know about favorites in MPC, its a neat feature, but it does not work with playlist.

I am probably going to code this myself (was hoping to avoid coding it)... If it has all the features I need I will use the AxWindowsMediaPlayer control. My "playlist" will be in a database (which can hold exact vid I was watching, time index, etc). I just need to make sure the control can use the more advanced features I want (playlist looping, starting vid at certain time index, etc).
    Quote Quote  
  7. SMPlayer remembers the position at which you stopped watching each video, and resumes from there. (I suspect most other players have the same functionality, but it needs to be enabled in settings.)

It does seem like a useful idea; I end up having to skim through episodes myself looking for where I stopped.
    Quote Quote