VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    New to TMPGEnc Authoring Works v.4.0.4.24. have a question of inserting subtitles in a .mpg File , encoded by TMPGEnc Xpress V4.0

    I have a .mpg [ I guessis DVD format], and thsi file is actually 3 separate video files pack in it.

    how can I assign each tile to the respective Videos ,using TMPGEnc Authoring Works v.4.0.4.24?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member johns0's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2002
    Location: canada
    Search Comp PM
    Start new project-add file,add track(top left)-add file,after adding each file just add a new track.In edit cut where you want the file to begin and end,do this for file 3 times if its the same one and cut edit where the beginning and ends are for each part.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0
    Start new project-add file,add track(top left)-add file,after adding each file just add a new track.In edit cut where you want the file to begin and end,do this for file 3 times if its the same one and cut edit where the beginning and ends are for each part.
    I guess, I did NOT explained it well enough.
    There is Only 1 big file[ .mpg, that i had already encode, using xpress v4.0]

    Inside this Big encoded file, are 3 separate Videos, that I wish to insert a subttile and able to select them with the Main Menu presentation, when the DVD first loaded...Is that possible, since I ONLY have a Big encoded file.?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member johns0's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2002
    Location: canada
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by niteghost
    how can I assign each tile to the respective Videos ,using TMPGEnc Authoring Works v.4.0.4.24?
    You should say subtitle and not just title to be clear,title can mean separate video tracks,when you select the track and add the video you will see a clip editing screen, select subtitles,click on the activate screen and choose edit menu/import subtitles and browse for the subtitle file you want to use.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Always Watching guns1inger's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: Miskatonic U
    Search Comp PM
    You can try a couple of things.

    If you want three separate titles then you have to edit the file into three parts.

    However you can fake this by putting chapter marks at the start of each "title", and having your title menus link to the first chapter of each section. Some episodic television discs use this method. It does cause other issues if you use simple authoring tools because you cannot stop playback at the end of the episode as you can if they are separate titles.

    Your title would look something like this


    1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---

    With your menu options starting at

    Title 1 Chapter 1
    Title 1 Chapter 4
    Title 1 Chapter 7

    Because these chapters are actually the start of each video in your single title.

    I don't know what source you have for subtitles, or how TDA handles subtitles, so I cannot help you there.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    You can try a couple of things.

    If you want three separate titles then you have to edit the file into three parts.

    However you can fake this by putting chapter marks at the start of each "title", and having your title menus link to the first chapter of each section. Some episodic television discs use this method. It does cause other issues if you use simple authoring tools because you cannot stop playback at the end of the episode as you can if they are separate titles.

    Your title would look something like this


    1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---

    With your menu options starting at

    Title 1 Chapter 1
    Title 1 Chapter 4
    Title 1 Chapter 7

    Because these chapters are actually the start of each video in your single title.

    I don't know what source you have for subtitles, or how TDA handles subtitles, so I cannot help you there.
    can I use a TMPGc Mpeq Editor to edit my encoded file and then put it back ito TDA agin?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Always Watching guns1inger's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: Miskatonic U
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. That is what it is for. You need to basically load you file, cut out the parts that aren't title one, and save a new file as title one. Load the original again, and repeat for title two. Do it a third time and you will have three video clips.

    Note : you have been pretty vague through most of this, so I can't guarantee that this is the answer you seek. For example - what exactly do you have in the way of subs ? If you have a single subtitle file then you will have to use a subtitle editor to split the file into three - one for each title, then line the subs up for each video. If you have three subtitle files then you will have to manually line up each with it's own title.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member johns0's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2002
    Location: canada
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Yes. That is what it is for. You need to basically load you file, cut out the parts that aren't title one, and save a new file as title one. Load the original again, and repeat for title two. Do it a third time and you will have three video clips.

    Note : you have been pretty vague through most of this, so I can't guarantee that this is the answer you seek. For example - what exactly do you have in the way of subs ? If you have a single subtitle file then you will have to use a subtitle editor to split the file into three - one for each title, then line the subs up for each video. If you have three subtitle files then you will have to manually line up each with it's own title.
    I just explained how to do that with tda,using my method you import the sub with the mpeg 3 times into 3 different tracks and cut with tda,that way the subs work with each track.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    You can try a couple of things.

    If you want three separate titles then you have to edit the file into three parts.

    However you can fake this by putting chapter marks at the start of each "title", and having your title menus link to the first chapter of each section. Some episodic television discs use this method. It does cause other issues if you use simple authoring tools because you cannot stop playback at the end of the episode as you can if they are separate titles.

    Your title would look something like this


    1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---

    With your menu options starting at

    Title 1 Chapter 1
    Title 1 Chapter 4
    Title 1 Chapter 7

    Because these chapters are actually the start of each video in your single title.

    I don't know what source you have for subtitles, or how TDA handles subtitles, so I cannot help you there.

    Thanks , I finally managed to use the "Clip & Chapter edit", to "Tag", where I want to begin in that "Big Encoded File" and basically, breaking it into 3 Chapter[ 3 separate Files] and Edit the "Chapter Name" by associating the Individual chapter with the respective Name of the file, that I wish.

    TDA WORKS V4 is really Great!!

    Apprciate all the help and suggestions........U guys are Great!!
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads