VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Plz help me to solve the following problems

Suggest a converter for m4a to AAC
    I need to trim the container present in m4a file and extract the part which have adts headers?
    Is MP4 and m4a different ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This one helped med:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic370467.html

See b66pak's reply:

try this:

demux the neroaac encoded file to raw using mp4box (is in megui>tools>mp4box folder):

Code:
    mp4box -raw 1 myaudiofile.m4a

you wil get an .aac file

now remux it:

Code:
    mp4box -add myaacfile.aac -new remuxed.m4a
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the replay!
    But i notice the files have sampling frequency 8kHz,11025Hz,12KHz,64k,88200Hz,96k failed while i use nero Encoder
    To create an M4a for this config:: what will i do?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not quite shure what your problem is, or what you aim to do.

In which PC-application, or standalone player, or whatever, do your m4a files fail? What is the purpose of stripping off headers, and convert from Mp4 container to Raw (containerless) aac files Why are the samplingrates 8-96KHz an issue

Please explain some more
    Quote Quote  
  5. i am on the via to save some disk space by converting wav and Mp3 to heaac and try all possible options
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If your audio is already aac/m4a, at 128Kbps, there is really not much space to save, by converting to aac at 64Kbps or similar. If your source audio is at say 256Kbps or above, their might be some space to gain, especially if you have a large number of files.

But then again, you leaves us in the dark here. Why do you want to save space? To squeeze a single movie into a 2GB standalone MP4 player? Or maybe to squeeze 300 movies into a 200GB harddisk?

I suggest you try MeGui as stated above, and then start a new thread, if your source file(s) gives you trouble.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Use -q 0.25 with Nero and you'll be surprised with the shitload of space you can save while preserving quality. Just avoid using HE for any music with sharp, high-freq instruments.
    Quote Quote