VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think i managed to rip the dat file using ISO buster. But i am not sure as i seems there are more dat file than it suppose to be. Then how do i burn dat file to a VCD ? Or is there any one step method where i can rip and burn a VCD ?
    Thanks for helping

2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    "Copy-protected VCD"?

no such thing, hahaha

Copy it as image and burn it as image with software of your choice. If you have 2 drives you can even copy it on-the-fly without making any image on hdd. Can't be easier than that.
    In my VCD/SVCD times I used to use CloneCD for that. I'm sure nowadays there must be tons of other freebie software being able to make CD copies regardless of their format (ImgBurn ?)

.dat file - well. Depends how did you "rip" it.
    It is just truncated MPEG-1 file. If you copied it "straight" from CD to hdd (i.e. dragging and dropping) then it is still truncated. Search for "detruncate dat file" to make it back into proper MPEG-1 file and once you have it detruncated use i.e. Nero to create VCD (not Data CD) if you want to make "proper VCD".
    On the other hand I'm sure most of dvd players can play a .dat file slapped onto CD-R and burned as Data CD nowadays. Maybe just rename the .dat extension to .mpg and burn it as you would burn .avi file on DVD-R or CD-R? (unless you have S*ny players )

Search Comp PM
    VCD are not Copy-protected.

have a look at this tut

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic125214.html
    Bulldog57

4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM