VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm relatively green when it comes to this, however I have figured out quite a few things thus far. I have run into an irritating problem though. My quality of video is fine but there are glitches in the audio when I play a DVD on my stand alone DVD player. The glitch consist of a loud high pitched sound followed by a second or two of silence before the audio picks back up. The video seems unaffected and I typically have at least 1 but no more than about 3 of these glitches in every DVD I burn. I use DVD Lab Pro for my authoring and PowerISO to burn my discs. Any help as to what I might be able to do to solve this problem would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please give us AS MUCH information as possible!

HOW do you convert the audio? What software? What kind of audio(ac3,dts, mp2 or wav) And what is your source video/audio?

Or is it a from another dvd source and you are just reauthoring?

Are the glitches random or at same place all the time?

Do you hear any glitches if you play the dvd on your computer?

Have you tried different dvd brands?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thus far my source file is usually .avi. I maybe going around my butt to get to my nose, but I typically convert the .avi file to .mpeg and allow DVD Lab Pro 2 to dumx the file. The audio is then converted using the built in audio transcoder provided with DVD Lab Pro. I normally convert the audio to mp2. I am, however trying out the ac3 format on the project I am currently working on. The glitches are random and no, I do not hear these glitches when playing them back on the computer. I have been using Sony DVD+R ver.1.3/1x-16x. If you need to know anything else just let me know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could try AVStoDVD (use the last Alpha) for your initial conversion saving as 'Elementary MPEG-2 streams'. You can choose either AC3, MP2 or WAV for your audio.
    Quote Quote