VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread

Threaded View

1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello people, been searching the net for hours now and trying many things, but I can't find a sollution to my problem.

I have a 4GB MTS file (1920x1080p 25fps) that should contain 35 minutes of video. Unfortunatly it only plays 17 minutes of it, then it stops. Tried to convert it, load it into Adobe Premiere Pro, but everytime it only shows up the first 17 minutes.

Is there anyway to recover all the video? It should be there, because there are enough bytes in the file right?

I've seen allot of very clever people around here, so I'm hoping you can help me out!

Thanks, Sander
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try open it in tsmuxer and make new ts or mts and see if it works any better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick, I've tried tsmuxer and created a .ts and .m2ts file

both files only contain 17 minutes of video and are approx. 2.2GB in size.

Anyway I can tell the file or the software that it should contain more video?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi - did you manage to fix this? My Canon HF200 battery went flat while recording and has corrupted the last 15 .MTS files. They all exist in various sizes (60MB - 1.2GB) adn I have retrieved them and copied to my hard drive. However, they all suffer the same problem - they are all only 3 seconds in length (even though the clip sizes are all different). I fear the camera has corrupted something in the files to cause this, but I'm hoping that somehow the data is still there. This is my friends wedding and I was the video man -- help!!! Any idea much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try Tsmuxer ?

Also try the latest beta of Videoredo

Or try to "recover" the files once again on the SD card http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Recuva/recuva.html
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi,
    thanks for your post. I have tried tsmuxer and it get's the following error while trying to demux

Not enought buffer for parse video stream. Current frame num 142, and it halts.

I have also just tried the beta version of videoredo, and it is also tricked into thinking the file is only 3 seconds long. I tried using the quickstream fix, but the output is a much smaller file with only 3 seconds worth of footage.

I'm trying recuva to see if perhaps the files didn't copy properly, but I'm doubtful.

Any idea how you can fix the stream?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are any of them <30MB in size? If so, post one here. We'll take a look.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi,
    thanks for the offer to take a look. Here is an example file. As you can see, all you get is the best man's 3-4 seconds. This occurs on all of the files, regardless of there size.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Downloading now....
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I could recover 3 corrupted SD cards with photorec_win.exe, a free program:
    http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
    The name is testdisk-6.11.3.win.zip 1.526KB big and contains photorec_win.exe 402KB.

works fine for corrupted SD cards 16GB Kingston class10 from Panasonic HDC-SD700 with AVCHD video in HD
    it recovers MTS, JPG,...

It reads the sectors on the SD card and makes new MTS and JPG files on hard disk. the SD card is not changed.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It worked!!! A million thanks! This is fantastic. Your help is very much appreciated jp2000.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hello ! I have unfortunately a similar problem with corrupt mts file. I have a Panasonic SD 90 and tried to register Full Hd video at 50p (the maximum resolution for this videocamera) on a Kingston 16 Gb SD card. I had many problems and I switched at 1920x1080i. When I copied the file from the SD Card to the pc only 6 files were correct, many (and I underline many) others are there but are unreadable. I tried the tool you provided to umgrad but it doesnīt work with me. Could I also provide a sample ?
    Thank you very much in advance !!

Regards
    Emmanuele
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, it seems the Panasonic does NOT like Kingston Class 10 cards, I tried with 4 different cards, and a friend also, we have the same equipment. With class 4 no problem at all. This in 50i, not tested in 50p. The tool is recovering from the SD card directly, and you must answer some questions. Did you try on SD card? I'm now abroad until end of July, and need the SD card to test, so it will be a bit difficult. May be your problem is different?? Eventually we can retry end of July if you want...
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by jp2000 View Post
    Hi, it seems the Panasonic does NOT like Kingston Class 10 cards, I tried with 4 different cards, and a friend also, we have the same equipment. With class 4 no problem at all. This in 50i, not tested in 50p. The tool is recovering from the SD card directly, and you must answer some questions. Did you try on SD card? I'm now abroad until end of July, and need the SD card to test, so it will be a bit difficult. May be your problem is different?? Eventually we can retry end of July if you want...
    Thank you for your reply. The Kingston is Class 4. If I go in the folder F:\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM I can see the entire list of file and the size, date, etc. I can also copy the file from there to any other folder on the pc. But when I try to open with any software I get a message like Unknown format, type mismatch and so on. Itīs like something in the header of the file is corrupt, but data are still there ( I hope ...). I tried also to recvoery data from SD but as I told you the files are not deleted. I can wait till end of July, no problem. But Iīam very angry with Panasonic because not 1, but 2 SD cards gave me problems, also another one, no brand 32 Gb class 4. I was in Cuba where I can let you imagine is quite impossible to get a new one. Ok maybe the quality of a no brand is not sure, but I think that for the best resolution the videorecorder need a Class 10 card and the price of a very good card is very high ! So make these videocameras not really good value. Sorry for boring you...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great! I will try this and let you know. Thanks jp2000!
    Quote Quote  
  16. I am having the same problems listed above. I used a Kingston Class 10 SDHC card on a Pansonic AG-HMC 150.

Previously, I've tried to use Clipstream to recover the MTS files and convert them to .mov files, which worked once before, but now it won't.

Soopafresh, you threw out a few recommendations, but it's not clear to me was the one that solved bushranger's problem.

This is a very important interview file for a documentary, it runs about 29 minutes, but I have only been able to convert the first 7 minutes.

Can someone please help?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everyone

I tried to use the method indicated that the soopafresh, put the files in the same folder as he indicated, I started the file. bat, but did not work. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks to immense help.

Hugs to all

Show this message:

F:\Backup\Video Casamento>ffmpeg -deinterlace -i "00013.MTS" -vcodec libx264 -g
    3 -bf 3 -b_strategy 1 -coder 1 -qmin 10 -qmax 51 -b 9000k -sc_threshold 40 -flag
    s +loop -cmp +chroma -me_range 16 -me_method hex -subq 5 -i_qfactor 0.71 -qcomp
    0.6 -qdiff 4 -directpred 1 -flags2 +fastpskip -dts_delta_threshold 1 -acodec lib
    mp3lame -ab 160k -y "00013.mp4"
    ffmpeg version N-39267-g4082198 Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers
    built on Mar 25 2012 20:26:41 with gcc 4.6.2
    configuration: --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-gpl --enable-version3
    --disable-w32threads --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable-bzli
    b --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable
    -libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-l
    ibrtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-li
    bvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-l
    ibx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
    libavutil 51. 44.100 / 51. 44.100
    libavcodec 54. 12.100 / 54. 12.100
    libavformat 54. 3.100 / 54. 3.100
    libavdevice 53. 4.100 / 53. 4.100
    libavfilter 2. 65.102 / 2. 65.102
    libswscale 2. 1.100 / 2. 1.100
    libswresample 0. 10.100 / 0. 10.100
    libpostproc 52. 0.100 / 52. 0.100
    -deinterlace is deprecated, use -filter:v yadif instead
    [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 003EB1A0] moov atom not found
    00013.MTS: Invalid data found when processing input
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AlexMoraes; 26th Mar 2012 at 17:14.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Cypheros Ts-Doctor might also worth a try,...
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for trying, but the program can not open the file, do the test and stop. I do not know what else to do. The ts-doctor appears to be a very good program, but the file was recovered from a partition and not wanting to open.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    any new tools to try for corrupt mts files? I still have my 10th anniversary files hoping someday they can be restored.

TS-Doctor says no valid PID's
    Last edited by greymalkin; 17th Dec 2012 at 19:55.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Remuxing the mp4 files created with ffmpeg with MP4Box might help.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Remuxing the mp4 files created with ffmpeg with MP4Box might help.
    Will try that at once!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I canīt get MP4Box to work at all. I have been trying MP4Muxer for a while now, but that doesnt seem to work either. I don't really know what I'm trying to do either.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try a gui for mp4box like mymp4boxgui. Add the mp4 and just make a new mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to your fast help I have come to a sullotion. First I demux the mp4 (My Mp4Box GUI worked!) Then I have to import the videofile and the sound seperatly to Premiere. Not a perfect sollution but atleast I can edit our holiday videos =)

Thanks for all your help!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Guys,

I have a mac and have been studying this thread but no solutions have helped me so far!

My situation:

Recently shot a 50 minute teaching segment on my Sony FS700. I recorded to a 32gb SD card Class 10. I've done this numerous times before but for some reason this time around... I cannot import one of the MTS files to my computer from the card. The footage plays fine on the camera... I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue in the past?

I've tried a different card reader, a different computer, and I've also tried importing the footage through the camcorder itself using USB. No success! It copies about half the mts file then gives me a (-36 error message) and ejects the SD card automatically!

Any suggestions will be much appreciated! I'm losing hope! lol

Ryan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [edit] sorry just dawned on me you said mac. bummer. error 36 is a files permission error. you need to take ownership of the file. i don't have a clue how you do it on a mac. maybe someone else does. [/edit]

insert the card into the computer's reader. right click on the drive icon/properties/tools. try windows error checking with recover sectors checked.

Name:  2013-04-04_184428.png
Views: 271
Size:  31.0 KB
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks anway! I think it must be a different error than what you are thinking. The drive preferences under sharing/permissions says I can read/write. So strange...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    can you get the properties of the bad file? it may have the wrong ownership.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I was able to see that the permissions are correct. I can copy about half of the file... Then it stops copying, shows me the error, and ejects the drive..
    Quote Quote