VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello people, been searching the net for hours now and trying many things, but I can't find a sollution to my problem.

I have a 4GB MTS file (1920x1080p 25fps) that should contain 35 minutes of video. Unfortunatly it only plays 17 minutes of it, then it stops. Tried to convert it, load it into Adobe Premiere Pro, but everytime it only shows up the first 17 minutes.

Is there anyway to recover all the video? It should be there, because there are enough bytes in the file right?

I've seen allot of very clever people around here, so I'm hoping you can help me out!

Thanks, Sander
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try open it in tsmuxer and make new ts or mts and see if it works any better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick, I've tried tsmuxer and created a .ts and .m2ts file

both files only contain 17 minutes of video and are approx. 2.2GB in size.

Anyway I can tell the file or the software that it should contain more video?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi - did you manage to fix this? My Canon HF200 battery went flat while recording and has corrupted the last 15 .MTS files. They all exist in various sizes (60MB - 1.2GB) adn I have retrieved them and copied to my hard drive. However, they all suffer the same problem - they are all only 3 seconds in length (even though the clip sizes are all different). I fear the camera has corrupted something in the files to cause this, but I'm hoping that somehow the data is still there. This is my friends wedding and I was the video man -- help!!! Any idea much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try Tsmuxer ?

Also try the latest beta of Videoredo

Or try to "recover" the files once again on the SD card http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Recuva/recuva.html
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi,
    thanks for your post. I have tried tsmuxer and it get's the following error while trying to demux

Not enought buffer for parse video stream. Current frame num 142, and it halts.

I have also just tried the beta version of videoredo, and it is also tricked into thinking the file is only 3 seconds long. I tried using the quickstream fix, but the output is a much smaller file with only 3 seconds worth of footage.

I'm trying recuva to see if perhaps the files didn't copy properly, but I'm doubtful.

Any idea how you can fix the stream?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are any of them <30MB in size? If so, post one here. We'll take a look.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi,
    thanks for the offer to take a look. Here is an example file. As you can see, all you get is the best man's 3-4 seconds. This occurs on all of the files, regardless of there size.

Thanks for your help.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Downloading now....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It "works", but there's a hiccup as you'll see. I'll post the utility in a few minutes

BTW, what editor are you going to be using?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi,
    thanks soopafresh! I look forward to trying it on the other files!!

I've been using moviemaker so far on windows7, but looking for a better alternative. Have tried some others but not so impressed as yet.

Thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here it is - unzip and put your MTS files into the same folder.

Double click the .BAT file - Note: Ignore the Error Messages

Voila

Edit - Included are additional batch files which will probably work better when you're ready to edit, but I don't know what application you'll be editing on so post any questions when you get to that point. As far as editors are concerned, Vegas Movie Studio Platinum is pretty good and relatively cheap.

When is the lucky couple expecting the final footage? You're going to have a bit of a learning curve ahead of you. Fortunately, the footage can be cleaned up quite a bit with the proper filtering, but even that is going to take you some time to figure out. Hope you have some free time on your hands.

Source

Denoised, Brightened
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Soopafresh; 29th Jan 2010 at 04:39.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I have a similar problem with a corrupt mts file. My battery was dead, so I recorded a video on my canon vixia hf100 using the power cable. When i try to play it I ge the error message "Cannot play back check the card". I have tried to copy the .mts file over to my hard drive, and I cannot. It says the file is corrupted. It is a large file (347MB) with a valuable video to me. I have also tried to open with tsumixer with no luck. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    I could recover 3 corrupted SD cards with photorec_win.exe, a free program:
    http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
    The name is testdisk-6.11.3.win.zip 1.526KB big and contains photorec_win.exe 402KB.

works fine for corrupted SD cards 16GB Kingston class10 from Panasonic HDC-SD700 with AVCHD video in HD
    it recovers MTS, JPG,...

It reads the sectors on the SD card and makes new MTS and JPG files on hard disk. the SD card is not changed.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Great! I will try this and let you know. Thanks jp2000!
    Quote Quote  
  16. It worked!!! A million thanks! This is fantastic. Your help is very much appreciated jp2000.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hello ! I have unfortunately a similar problem with corrupt mts file. I have a Panasonic SD 90 and tried to register Full Hd video at 50p (the maximum resolution for this videocamera) on a Kingston 16 Gb SD card. I had many problems and I switched at 1920x1080i. When I copied the file from the SD Card to the pc only 6 files were correct, many (and I underline many) others are there but are unreadable. I tried the tool you provided to umgrad but it doesn´t work with me. Could I also provide a sample ?
    Thank you very much in advance !!

Regards
    Emmanuele
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, it seems the Panasonic does NOT like Kingston Class 10 cards, I tried with 4 different cards, and a friend also, we have the same equipment. With class 4 no problem at all. This in 50i, not tested in 50p. The tool is recovering from the SD card directly, and you must answer some questions. Did you try on SD card? I'm now abroad until end of July, and need the SD card to test, so it will be a bit difficult. May be your problem is different?? Eventually we can retry end of July if you want...
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by jp2000 View Post
    Hi, it seems the Panasonic does NOT like Kingston Class 10 cards, I tried with 4 different cards, and a friend also, we have the same equipment. With class 4 no problem at all. This in 50i, not tested in 50p. The tool is recovering from the SD card directly, and you must answer some questions. Did you try on SD card? I'm now abroad until end of July, and need the SD card to test, so it will be a bit difficult. May be your problem is different?? Eventually we can retry end of July if you want...
    Thank you for your reply. The Kingston is Class 4. If I go in the folder F:\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM I can see the entire list of file and the size, date, etc. I can also copy the file from there to any other folder on the pc. But when I try to open with any software I get a message like Unknown format, type mismatch and so on. It´s like something in the header of the file is corrupt, but data are still there ( I hope ...). I tried also to recvoery data from SD but as I told you the files are not deleted. I can wait till end of July, no problem. But I´am very angry with Panasonic because not 1, but 2 SD cards gave me problems, also another one, no brand 32 Gb class 4. I was in Cuba where I can let you imagine is quite impossible to get a new one. Ok maybe the quality of a no brand is not sure, but I think that for the best resolution the videorecorder need a Class 10 card and the price of a very good card is very high ! So make these videocameras not really good value. Sorry for boring you...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Emmanuele, class 10 is only needed for high bitrates, but even for my Panasonic HDC-SD700 in 50p it is OK with class 4. I had only problems with class 10 from Kingston! Now I use class 4 from Kingston, no problems at all. You can provide a link with a sample, I can see if I can do something, it's always usefull to learn some tricks... But I can only do more tests end of july.
    BR, Jean-Paul
    Quote Quote  
  21. I see. So it was only a matter of compatibilty or maybe there´s something wrong with the videocamera sd reader/writer (I mean a hardware problem). But on the other hand I had no problem with a Toshiba card.
    Here´s the file. Thank you very much and I can wait until end of Juni.

regards, Emmanuele
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  22. I am having the same problems listed above. I used a Kingston Class 10 SDHC card on a Pansonic AG-HMC 150.

Previously, I've tried to use Clipstream to recover the MTS files and convert them to .mov files, which worked once before, but now it won't.

Soopafresh, you threw out a few recommendations, but it's not clear to me was the one that solved bushranger's problem.

This is a very important interview file for a documentary, it runs about 29 minutes, but I have only been able to convert the first 7 minutes.

Can someone please help?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Clipwrap, not Clipstream. I used Clipwrap, but it's not doing the job right now.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    hey

i have a similar problem, and i am searching now for hours and didn't find a resolution:
    (i use win 7)

> i filmed with a sony ax2000e which creates .mts files
    > i got home, plugged in the camera via usb to transfer my files to the drives. the total amount was 9GB (of total 16GB of my sd card)
    > when the copy was finished, i wanted to see my clips and then i recognized that none of the clips were able to play...every one has just a few of very bad frames in it...WAH!
    [> while filming there were no problems, i even saw some clips on camera at the location to check some things]

> then i tried to watch the clips on the camera (like i did some hours before) and then suddenly there was written on the display "A format error has occured on memory A" ..so i weren't able to see the clips on the camera either...

> then i tried to plug in the camera in the computer again, to transfer the files once again...no chance, the camera wasn't recognized anymore by the computer

> when i tried to read the card with a card reader there comes the windows message "Drive has to be formatted"

> same on xp

> the same sd card is able to be read on the camera and both pcs (win 7 and xp)

as i said i'm now trying for hours to find a programm that can access my clips.
    i already tried pc inspector, recuva, photorec, stellar phoenix photo recovery, ddr camera recovery, digital image recovery, zar, File Rescue Pro.
    the problem with all of them is: they think my card is only 1GB (but its 16GB, with 9GB of data)...and they find on this 1 GB no data...

pc inspector told me (before searching for files on the card):
    bad parameter in boot sector: bytes per sector (32771) > 32768

Recuva is telling me, there might be a trouble in the boot section too

>> so it seems that the boot section of the card is gone...but how to repair it??

any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  25. tuckeste
    Search Comp PM
    Hi folks Im a new member... have absorbed most of this thread, my issue is similar in that the MTS files are on the SD card (kingston class6) and I cannot read the data, it shows the size of the file but I cannot read it. On the night I had taken eighty odd files and the firs 76 were good. The last 10 appear corrupt, I ran (cgsecurity.org_ PhotoRec) over the card and it recovered the deleted files but not the affected ones. My Camcorder is a Panasonic HDC-SD60. When this happened camcorder informed me of corrupt data and then performed a file repair????? I also replaced to new battery at the time but made no difference. Is a shame cos it was an awesome rock concert. If anyone has any further suggestion I luv to be informed
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh View Post
    Here it is - unzip and put your MTS files into the same folder.

Double click the .BAT file - Note: Ignore the Error Messages

Voila

Edit - Included are additional batch files which will probably work better when you're ready to edit, but I don't know what application you'll be editing on so post any questions when you get to that point. As far as editors are concerned, Vegas Movie Studio Platinum is pretty good and relatively cheap.
    Hi there sir I wonder if you can Help me.. I tried this programme folowed steo by step
    I put my MTS file in Folder but doesnt show fixed file
    I had a Memory Card and majority of the files are ok but a few Files like 10
    which are curcial as it was friends wedding are currupt wont import in any Video Editing programme or anything
    Im so dessperate for your Help Sir
    Quote Quote  
  27. tuckeste
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks SkyShazad,
    I unzipped and performed that operation unfortunatley it did not fix my issue, I also performed the operation on a known good file and it converted it successfully to a .MP4 file, I need to continue the hunt on some software, happy to purchase but I guess I need to know exactly what will work??? Otherwise you just throw good money after bad.

Cheers Steve
    Last edited by tuckeste; 4th Dec 2011 at 16:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tuckeste View Post
    Thanks SkyShazad,
    I unzipped and performed that operation unfortunatley it did not fix my issue, I also performed the operation on a known good file and it converted it successfully to a .MP4 file, I need to continue the hunt on some software, happy to purchase but I guess I need to know exactly what will work??? Otherwise you just throw good money after bad.

Cheers Steve
    Hay man thanks for getting back to me actually gutted you didnt find a solution I dont mind spending money just desperate to find the an answer for this dowloaded loads of software trail versions nothing seem to have worked, soooooooooooo upset
    please let me know if you find out anything
    hope all is well
    Regards
    SKY
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    I'm there with you with a corrupted 32gb class 10 sdhc card. I bought the 32 gb. card along with a high capacity battery to capture our 10th anniversary in colorado. Unfortunately after taking a few mountain driving clips I accidentally turned it off while it was recording. half of that file and every one after that is corrupted. The files show up in the folder structure and have considerable size (over 1GB), but neither the camera nor anything else I've tried will play it. I just pulled the card out and locked it to read only mode in the hopes that someday something would come along to fix it.

I never went back and tried to play the files in the camera until I got home and realized there was a problem. The camera never fussed when I recorded all the files after the one that got corrupted. I suppose the file system is just very sensitive so that if one gets "off" everything after it is hosed.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Hello,

You can try to preview the damaged video with this web page:
    http://mp4repair.org/preview.html

Regards,
    BJ
    Quote Quote