VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    really? A website to repair corrupt avchd files? That's about the most inefficient thing I've ever heard of...having to upload 1GB+ files to find out it can't fix them? If you're out to sell something it would be a lot easier to offer a freeware download and charge if it could be restored...unless you're hiding the fact that you're using someone elsese software to do the repair.

any new products out or solutions people have found? Still have my 32gb card locked away in the hopes the files can be recovered someday.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by greymalkin View Post
    really? A website to repair corrupt avchd files? That's about the most inefficient thing I've ever heard of...having to upload 1GB+ files to find out it can't fix them? If you're out to sell something it would be a lot easier to offer a freeware download and charge if it could be restored...unless you're hiding the fact that you're using someone elsese software to do the repair.
    Hello,
    This website has been running for a few weeks only. We are working hard to make things better, in particular for AVCHD.

No, you won't need to upload your GBs of data to have them repaired. We use HTML5 technology to parse the damaged files, thus we can give preview and repair without upload everything. Most of the work happens in your browser.

No, we don't use someone else software. We have been in video repair business since 2007 (main site is aeroquartet.com).

Sorry, but no conspiracy here, just some problems that need to be fixed (we are in beta).
    Please use the contact button in the web page and we will help you with your card.

Regards.
    Benoit
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    AeroQ,

I do apologize..I did try the site out and unfortunately it tells me it can't find any video in the file. It is bizarre though that the video camera never complained or said anything about a corrupt card when I was recording all the video..it behaved completely normally. It's only when I got home from the trip when I discovered it didn't show any of the videos after the first corrupted one in the cameras menu. All the files have size appropriate for the amount of recording that was done in that clip but every program I've tried says there isn't video there or the header is damaged. I wish the AVCHD structure wasn't so fragile!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello everyone

I tried to use the method indicated that the soopafresh, put the files in the same folder as he indicated, I started the file. bat, but did not work. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks to immense help.

Hugs to all

Show this message:

F:\Backup\Video Casamento>ffmpeg -deinterlace -i "00013.MTS" -vcodec libx264 -g
    3 -bf 3 -b_strategy 1 -coder 1 -qmin 10 -qmax 51 -b 9000k -sc_threshold 40 -flag
    s +loop -cmp +chroma -me_range 16 -me_method hex -subq 5 -i_qfactor 0.71 -qcomp
    0.6 -qdiff 4 -directpred 1 -flags2 +fastpskip -dts_delta_threshold 1 -acodec lib
    mp3lame -ab 160k -y "00013.mp4"
    ffmpeg version N-39267-g4082198 Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers
    built on Mar 25 2012 20:26:41 with gcc 4.6.2
    configuration: --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-gpl --enable-version3
    --disable-w32threads --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable-bzli
    b --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable
    -libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-l
    ibrtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-li
    bvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-l
    ibx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
    libavutil 51. 44.100 / 51. 44.100
    libavcodec 54. 12.100 / 54. 12.100
    libavformat 54. 3.100 / 54. 3.100
    libavdevice 53. 4.100 / 53. 4.100
    libavfilter 2. 65.102 / 2. 65.102
    libswscale 2. 1.100 / 2. 1.100
    libswresample 0. 10.100 / 0. 10.100
    libpostproc 52. 0.100 / 52. 0.100
    -deinterlace is deprecated, use -filter:v yadif instead
    [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 003EB1A0] moov atom not found
    00013.MTS: Invalid data found when processing input
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by AlexMoraes; 26th Mar 2012 at 18:14.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Cypheros Ts-Doctor might also worth a try,...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for trying, but the program can not open the file, do the test and stop. I do not know what else to do. The ts-doctor appears to be a very good program, but the file was recovered from a partition and not wanting to open.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    any new tools to try for corrupt mts files? I still have my 10th anniversary files hoping someday they can be restored.

TS-Doctor says no valid PID's
    Last edited by greymalkin; 17th Dec 2012 at 20:55.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh View Post
    Here it is - unzip and put your MTS files into the same folder.

Double click the .BAT file - Note: Ignore the Error Messages

Voila

Edit - Included are additional batch files which will probably work better when you're ready to edit, but I don't know what application you'll be editing on so post any questions when you get to that point. As far as editors are concerned, Vegas Movie Studio Platinum is pretty good and relatively cheap.

When is the lucky couple expecting the final footage? You're going to have a bit of a learning curve ahead of you. Fortunately, the footage can be cleaned up quite a bit with the proper filtering, but even that is going to take you some time to figure out. Hope you have some free time on your hands.

Source

Denoised, Brightened
    I have used this converter to fix some damaged .mts files and it has woked perfectly. Just the other day I purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 11 and the problem is that when I add the mp4 video files i have converted they appear on the timeline without sound. The files play fine in VLC, Windows media player and so on. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thankful for help!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Remuxing the mp4 files created with ffmpeg with MP4Box might help.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Remuxing the mp4 files created with ffmpeg with MP4Box might help.
    Will try that at once!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can´t get MP4Box to work at all. I have been trying MP4Muxer for a while now, but that doesnt seem to work either. I don't really know what I'm trying to do either.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try a gui for mp4box like mymp4boxgui. Add the mp4 and just make a new mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to your fast help I have come to a sullotion. First I demux the mp4 (My Mp4Box GUI worked!) Then I have to import the videofile and the sound seperatly to Premiere. Not a perfect sollution but atleast I can edit our holiday videos =)

Thanks for all your help!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Guys,

I have a mac and have been studying this thread but no solutions have helped me so far!

My situation:

Recently shot a 50 minute teaching segment on my Sony FS700. I recorded to a 32gb SD card Class 10. I've done this numerous times before but for some reason this time around... I cannot import one of the MTS files to my computer from the card. The footage plays fine on the camera... I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue in the past?

I've tried a different card reader, a different computer, and I've also tried importing the footage through the camcorder itself using USB. No success! It copies about half the mts file then gives me a (-36 error message) and ejects the SD card automatically!

Any suggestions will be much appreciated! I'm losing hope! lol

Ryan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [edit] sorry just dawned on me you said mac. bummer. error 36 is a files permission error. you need to take ownership of the file. i don't have a clue how you do it on a mac. maybe someone else does. [/edit]

insert the card into the computer's reader. right click on the drive icon/properties/tools. try windows error checking with recover sectors checked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-04_184428.png
Views:	1262
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	17084
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks anway! I think it must be a different error than what you are thinking. The drive preferences under sharing/permissions says I can read/write. So strange...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    can you get the properties of the bad file? it may have the wrong ownership.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I was able to see that the permissions are correct. I can copy about half of the file... Then it stops copying, shows me the error, and ejects the drive..
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello EnterL¡ght,

Looks like you have an I/O error with your card. I would suggest you to create a clone image of the card using dd utility. It's a command included in Mac OS X you can trigger through the Terminal. Assuming your card is mounted in finder as disk0s3 the command would be as follows.

Code:
    dd if=/dev/disk0s3 of=/fromDisk.img conv=noerror,sync
    On following post you can find all the details about it. Best of luck!

How to Copy a File with I/O Errors

Regards,
    --Fire
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Fire,

Thanks for the response. Tried it. Here is what went wrong...

Typed this into terminal...

dd if=/Volumes/32GBSDCARD/PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM/00004.MTS of=/Users/Ryan/Desktop/CLEANTEST.MTS conv=noerror,sync

It created an image of the corrupted file on the desktop where I wanted... Started building the file, then BAM the disk ejects itself and terminal continues to build the file but spams the following message...

1034079744 bytes transferred in 68.872669 secs (15014370 bytes/sec)
    dd: /Volumes/32GBSDCARD/PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM/00004.MTS: Input/output error
    dd: /Volumes/32GBSDCARD/PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM/00004.MTS: Input/output error
    2019688+0 records in
    2019688+0 records out

But without the original disk mounted, the file is of course useless...

Ryan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try it on a windows pc?
    --
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That would be nice if I actually had one... I'm living amongst macs. Thats all this studio uses... There has to be another way..
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi EnterLight,

You tried with the file. Same results are found if you point to the entire card? If so then I think your card is severely damaged and even in a PC better results won't be found.

--Fire
    Quote Quote  
  24. Anyone that can help me? I got a Canon Legria HFM46, and got some mts. files that only play for a few Seconds, and i recorded for many, many more minutes! I have tryed iSkySoft, Stellar Phoenix, Jihosoft, Digital Video Repairer, Ultra File Opener and the Things above. still only shows the vid for a few Seconds, and i have even converted the files to be a mp4. file, a mt2s. file, and a ts. file. Someone please help me fix these videos, they mean alot to me!!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello every one
    i need your help so much
    i married a years ago and our ceremony camcorder after a year say us your wedding movie was lost and when he recovered his memory some kind of mts file was damaged we used vlc player to play that files, but vlc play them all with no picture and no sounds
    what we can do now
    Quote Quote  
  26. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sadegh View Post
    hello every one
    i need your help so much
    i married a years ago and our ceremony camcorder after a year say us your wedding movie was lost and when he recovered his memory some kind of mts file was damaged we used vlc player to play that files, but vlc play them all with no picture and no sounds
    what we can do now
    Please don't post everywhere. Continue in https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/371619-Recover-broken-mts-video?p=2388086#post2388086 .
    Quote Quote