VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    Im new to authoring blu-ray so please bear with me...

Ive been following this guide - http://corusa.com/blog/2009/06/25/blu-ray-backup-guide/

I have been trying to author my disc to a dvd9, ive followed the guide exactly but when i use bd rebuilder and it gets the the end of PHASE ONE it then fails, ive tried authoring to dvd5 and to blu-ray sizes and the result is the same it still fails, ive also tried older versions of bd rebuilder but get the same results.

I have also tried this with a mkv file, using tsMuxerGUI then converting the resulting file structure using igmburn into a iso and then trying to compress with bd rebuilder and it still fails, if anyone has any pointers to were i may be going wrong or links to any other good guides please let me know, ive checked a fair few guides out on here and they all basically use the same process to shrink down the file size so anything new woudl be appriciated.

danny
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm new to this too and I also followed the Milotis PDF guide. I backed up Fifth Element blu ray to a dual layer dvd. The final product is amazing! I can't tell the difference. Make sure you use all the latest versions and follow the guide exactly word for word.

Do you have a strong computer? I used my dual 2 core notebook. It took about 50 hours! It's a long process unless you have one of those 8-cores processor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by siratfus
    I'm new to this too and I also followed the Milotis PDF guide. I backed up Fifth Element blu ray to a dual layer dvd. The final product is amazing! I can't tell the difference. Make sure you use all the latest versions and follow the guide exactly word for word.

Do you have a strong computer? I used my dual 2 core notebook. It took about 50 hours! It's a long process unless you have one of those 8-cores processor.
    Im glad it worked for you im going to remove all the software and start a fresh, i have a intel i7 920 so it doesnt take too long to get everything done, just a shame it keeps failing at the last point but hopefully a fresh start might cure my problems
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Be aware that BD-Rebuilder is still beta and still has lots of minor issues to solve. It appears to be mainly down to lazy or incorrect authoring that has to be worked around and fixed along the way that adds to the time as well, like DVD-RB has to do

The fact that it enables you to squeeze a full BD onto a DVD is amazing in itself and try to keep all the interactive menus, etc, etc

It has a hell of a lot of work to do, and the very high resolutions don't help, which is why its so slow. Speed doesn't always equal quality. If you want quality then you'll be prepared to wait ...

If it takes longer than an hour people won't give it a try, but once they have are more than happy with having to wait for a few hours
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    @fusion99 - Maybe if you posted the exact error message instead of simply saying "it failed" it might bring out someone who'd do more than say "It works fine for me" or something similar.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by steptoe
    Be aware that BD-Rebuilder is still beta and still has lots of minor issues to solve. It appears to be mainly down to lazy or incorrect authoring that has to be worked around and fixed along the way that adds to the time as well, like DVD-RB has to do

The fact that it enables you to squeeze a full BD onto a DVD is amazing in itself and try to keep all the interactive menus, etc, etc

It has a hell of a lot of work to do, and the very high resolutions don't help, which is why its so slow. Speed doesn't always equal quality. If you want quality then you'll be prepared to wait ...

If it takes longer than an hour people won't give it a try, but once they have are more than happy with having to wait for a few hours
    One might consider cutting the authors of BD Rebuilder some slack seeing that it is a combination of tools w/ many authors who have day jobs that are giving us their work for free, maybe even a donation would help "grease the wheels", they @ the very least deserve our gratitue

in my most humble of opinions

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi there.
    1st time on this site so sorry if this has been covered.
    i have just downloaded dvd rebuilder along with all the downloads needed for this program.i have just dragged the dark knight blue ray disc onto my hard drive using anydvd hd.i have just opened up dvd rebuilder but everytime i go into the stream file on my hard drive to open the blue ray file with dvd rebuilder is says select source is not bd fomat.does anyone have any ideas as to what i am doing wrong or is there something i missed out???i am just trying this out for the first time and the dark knight blue ray disc is my attempt at backing up a blue ray disc.
    many thanks for any help given
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dvd1304
    hi there.
    i have just downloaded dvd rebuilder along with all the downloads needed for this program.i have just dragged the dark knight blue ray disc onto my hard drive using anydvd hd.i have just opened up dvd rebuilder but everytime i go into the stream file on my hard drive to open the blue ray file with dvd rebuilder is says select source is not bd fomat.does anyone have any ideas as to what i am doing wrong or is there something i missed out???i am just trying this out for the first time and the dark knight blue ray disc is my attempt at backing up a blue ray disc.
    You said dvd rebuilder, but you meant BD rebuilder right?

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just a few observations:

My specs - I7 920, 300 gig velociraptor, 1tb samsung, LG super multi blue.
    Using milOtis bluray to bluray quide.

It took 50 min. to rip iso image of "The Day The Earth Stood Still" 1951 bluray version. BD-Rebuilder phase 1 pass 1 took 1hr and 3 minutes and cpu usage stayed just under 50%. I did experience some weird behavior on my vista taskbar. Clicking on my time display made it disappear, and open windows on taskbar flashed in and out and twice the taskbar disappeared completely. However, BD-rebuilder continued running. When phase 1 pass 2 started things slowed down quite a bit. It took 2 hours an 10 min. to complete and pegged all 8 cores at 100%. Half way through phase 2 I got an error " - [15:24:25] incorrect EPData() 00009 2904". When I closed the error window I expected BD-rebuilder to fail but the logfile showed EPdata() corrected and BD-Rebuilder kept moving along until it completed its mission. I then began the patch index procedure which returned an error but said the file was patched. It only made a backup of the movieobject.bdmv file. Thinking this may be fatal I went to the stream directory and played the m2ts file not only did it play it looked beautiful. I burned the disk using imgburn, stuck it in the Panasonic DMB-BD60 bluray player and it played perfectly. The whole process from rip to burn took 3 hrs and 50 min. Full marks to the authors of all the software used to accomplish this feat. This will be great for reducing blurays for my WDTV. It will make a 1tb drive go a long ways.

Reelman
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've backed-up at least 10 blu-rays with this tool. I can't believe how you can shrink something so much and not lose any noticeable quality. AWESOME program!!! The only problem I had was when the blu-ray was encoded with the vc-1 codec, I went to the windows download site and downloaded their codec for it, no more problems. I have a quad core q6600, overclocked to 3.60 with 4 gigs of memory and it only takes me just over 3 hours
    member since 1843
    Quote Quote  
  11. Well a fresh install of the all the programs used in this process has solved my problems and im now able to complete the process and create and burn the blu-ray disc, ive been burning to dvdr+dl, i too have the problem with the patch giving me an error and only backing up one file the movieobject.bdmv im not sure if this causes any problems but ive done one disc and it worked fine, ive tried two more films and i get a large green band along the bottom of the screen when i play them back on ps3, does anyone have any ideas what causes this and how to stop it?

I thought it may be due to the discs im burning too but one filmed worked fine so ive ruled that out, any help would be greatly appriciated

Danny
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dvd1304
    hi there.
    i had the same problem , just install udf reader and xp will recognize the format.
    Quote Quote