VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using Mac the Ripper to rip the DVD first, using the instructions provided with Mac the Ripper. I am getting the Dummy VOB Warning thing come us as stated in the instructions. I then change over to Popcorn 3 to try and burn the movie. When I try and drag the Video TS folder from the hard drive to the Popcorn section an error message comes up saying the Video TS folder appears to be damaged. If I then try and add a VTS file to Popcorn it starts to work i.e. comes up with another box saying Multiplexing VTS file, but then it gets to about 80% complete and stops, another error box comes up saying "Could not record the disc because of a Mac OS error: Result Code = -50.
    Has anyone got any idea what is happening here and how to overcome it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I would suggest downloading DVDFab, it's free and one of the best.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ally68
    I would suggest downloading DVDFab, it's free and one of the best.
    Wee small problem - if you check the OP's computer details you will see he/she is a Mac user, which cuts DVDFab outof contention unless they are running boot camp or windows in a VM.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that, unfortunately it seems that DVDFab is only for Windows, I am running a Mac and have not worked out how to set it up to run Windows yet. I am struggling to get my head around even one system at the moment.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which version are you using ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using Popcorn 3 and Mac the Ripper 2.6.6.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The old free version of Mac The Ripper (2.6.6) hasn't been updated in a long time and therefore can have issues with newer copy protection. You need to upgrade to the more recent 3.x version. Look in the comments of the Mac The Ripper entry in our Tools section for possible links.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that, I managed to find Version 3 and download it. Will give it a bash and see what happens.
    Quote Quote