VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

What is the best way to rip DVDs to an ISO image. I'm using DVDdecryptor and many DVD's give me an error. Is there another tool that gives me a 100% certitude, or am I doing something wrong.

thanks in advance
    scarlac
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    dvd decrypter is outdated and can't handle the latest copy protections on some discs.

use dvdfabhddecrypter. The decrypting feature is free. It can decrypt to an iso.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm pretty sure that dvdfabdecrypter has removed the dvd to iso feature in latest releases. So you have to rip it to the hdd first and then make an iso using imgburn...if you want a free solution.

Or buy AnyDVD and keep using dvddecrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Or, use DVD43 to decrypt (runs in background) and Burnaware free to rip DVD directly to iso ('make DVD image' tab)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    I'm pretty sure that dvdfabdecrypter has removed the dvd to iso feature in latest releases. So you have to rip it to the hdd first and then make an iso using imgburn...if you want a free solution.

Or buy AnyDVD and keep using dvddecrypter.
    Hmm. Yep you are right. I just checked version 6.0.1.2 and save to iso did not work. I never use that myself anyway. I just rip to a folder.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for your help. It's right, we can't rip to ISO. For me it's ok when it's ripped to separeted files.
    Fab9 works great now. Non of my dvds I ripped have problems.

My DVD collection is coming to big to fit in my livingroom, so I decided to rip all of them and stream them to my TV. The problem now, I don't have a HD-TV yet. I wil buy one in the very near future, something like 3 monts or so.

Every movie has a different resolution and has most of the time 2 black borders on the top and the bottom. I think the DVD-resolution is 720x576. I could cut those black borders, but I'm affraid that some movies will be stretched on my new TV. Is there some solution to this, or is there some standard resolution we should use. I'd like to have the maximum resolution of the DVD, 720 width. I don't look the space, more than space enough since I bought a NAS of 2TB especially for my movies.

thanks for the advice
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can also use DVD Shrink to output to ISO. That way you can get rid of extra audio tracks and such.
    Quote Quote