VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Within 24 hours I have successfully backed up my BR Transformers. Plays flawlessly with my new Radeon HD 4550. Now I go to the next 2 movies I have. Walle and I am Legend. I rip those also the same way. ISO useing Anydvdhd and play the same way in Powerdvd7.3....Problem is with both these movies I am getting complete scrambling when I open them in Powerdvd...Multi-colors and pixels. I have re-installed my drivers. Re-installed Powerdvd. Played Transformers again with no problems then mounted one of the other 2 and its total distortion. The audio is fine. Just the video. Even when I try to play directly from the disk they are scrambled. Transformers is not scrambled....IS this a codec issue? Is this a HDCP issue? IS it useing Powerdvd7.3 issue? Appears Powerdvd is the only software that can play Blu-Ray ISO's..Or am I wrong?......Thanks for the help....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try WinDVD and see if it does the same thing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was just in tools looking at it..Lol....I'm going to try it see what happens. Can it play my back-up ISO's? I hope so. My little girl has destroyed some of my disks already..Lol....Either way. I'll try it straight from disk and see what happens. Then again I could do the same for Powerdvd. Use an updated version. Problem is they have corrected the ISO ability in the newer versions....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can it play my back-up ISO's?
    That sir, I am not 100% sure of, no harm in trying.

Let us know how you go.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Nope...When I select the drive the Blu-Ray is in. The drive starts up. The hour glass shows. Then it says "Stop"...So I tried one of the mounted drives to see if the ISO would work. Didn't go. Same thing. Hourglass for a few seconds then "Stop".....Aggrivating!....lol
    Quote Quote  
  6. As far as blu ray Iso's go - that's the one thing I hear people are having problems with - I have no answer, unless it was done intentionally to avoid piracy.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm missing something...My next step is to try my Prestige to see what an older BR will do. I wish I knew what the pixelated multi-colors were..It funny cause in the pixels I can make out an image of the movie moveing with the pixels....
    Quote Quote  
  8. Oh why why why?? No go...Still getting scrambled video...What have I changed..the only vid that works now is transformers...I asked the geek squad at best buy..Low and behold they tell me less than I already know...
    Quote Quote  
  9. How can I take a screenshot of what this scrambling looks like and put it up here on the forum? I have some Blu-Rays now that I can play ISO. If I have the scrambling in ISO and do the same movie into folder mode I can play the m2ts file with no scrambling. I Just completed The Forbidden kingdom and its scrambled. Interview With A Vampire Plays great. I am wondering if its a codec issue or some kind of configuration in ISO mode that prevents it from playing correctly. Some do the crazy colors some dont. I've got every codec installed that I've been able to find. But some instructions on how to put a screenshot on here might help. Thanks..........
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The latest version of PDVD8 that plays isos fine that I know of

Cyberlink.2705U_TaRe42_R2_DVD090217-01

It must be installed over a registered older version of PDVD8

Once installed do not allow it to update, & prevent it from accessing the net

directions here

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic370494.html

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  11. I have completed what you said to do but every time I try to mount the ISO it gives me the error that there is no disk in the drive. I tried a few different ISOs but same thing...I also followed the instructions from the other post...any ideas..Thanx..
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The rip from Anydvd its not good.I had the same problem with a couple of newly released blurays.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alucard2050
    I have completed what you said to do but every time I try to mount the ISO it gives me the error that there is no disk in the drive. I tried a few different ISOs but same thing...I also followed the instructions from the other post...any ideas..Thanx..
    Your version of PDVD7 is too new, you must revert back to a older build, I can send you a good build but you have to use your own key

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    Quote Quote  
  14. My build of 7.3 I am unsure of. It was bundled with my blu-ray player. If memory serves correctly when I did the install it had the space for the key already filled in with a key. Do you think I can use the same key or would I have to purchase a new key? I guess it wouldn't hurt to try? Thanx...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My build of 7.3 I am unsure of. It was bundled with my blu-ray player. If memory serves correctly when I did the install it had the space for the key already filled in with a key. Do you think I can use the same key or would I have to purchase a new key? I guess it wouldn't hurt to try? Thanx...
    a good key is a good key, any PDVD7 key will work w/ any PDVD7 build, you can enter the key from you bundled player into the build I send you, I can send it to you thru messenger or something

3319a should do the trick, it plays folders and isos, and will still play the newer movies when you apply the mods I
    outlined

Ya' know, if I lost my versions of PDVD7 and PDVD8 I would be screwed, but I have them backed up multiple HDD's lol

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MEL15
    The rip from Anydvd its not good.I had the same problem with a couple of newly released blurays.
    I have 330+ blu ray (backups) on my HTPC and AnyDVD HD has not failed me yet, as a matter of fact no matter what program that you use to rip a BD w/ if AnyDVD HD is running in the background it did the decrytion and removed the protection

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  17. I have no IM software. I used to but decided to stick to being simple. No Myspace or friends or twitter. Just simple email and texting over my phone..Lol......hmmmm....I wonder if I can still remember my AIM info. Maybe re-install it....I'll try Wednesday to see what I can do with an IM...thanx man....

Oh and "330+ blu-ray backups." I'd be happy if I can get more than 2 out of my 5 to work...Lol..........
    Quote Quote  
  18. OK! My scrambling problem. I got my little one Coraline and used my recently purchased AnydvdHD to make a backup ISO...Works great. Now I mounted it with Daemon tools and play in Powerdvd7 (Course not sure what version of 7 it is) but it plays with very little scrambling. On the main screen where you select 2d version or 3d version it is scrambled. I can see the text for 2d and 3d and I am able to select 1 of the 2. I select 3d. Now the scrambling stopped once it got to the title menu. I select PLAY. The movie then plays flawless. No scrambling at all..try it again. Scrambling does the same thing. I dont understand what this scrambling is cause in a few other movies it does it in the whole movie.......
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK! My scrambling problem. I got my little one Coraline and used my recently purchased AnydvdHD to make a backup ISO...Works great. Now I mounted it with Daemon tools and play in Powerdvd7 (Course not sure what version of 7 it is) but it plays with very little scrambling. On the main screen where you select 2d version or 3d version it is scrambled. I can see the text for 2d and 3d and I am able to select 1 of the 2. I select 3d. Now the scrambling stopped once it got to the title menu. I select PLAY. The movie then plays flawless. No scrambling at all..try it again. Scrambling does the same thing. I dont understand what this scrambling is cause in a few other movies it does it in the whole movie.......
    I don't know if it will make a difference but I use Slysoft (VCD) Clone Drive (freeware) to mount my iso's

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote