VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Is there another program like FixVTS?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not as far as I know. Why? Are you having problems with fixvts?
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  3. In the sense that it can accurately re-map the DVD structure, much as FixVTS does, then VobBlanker can do it. Just load and hit "process". And of course it can do a lot more as well. But I can't think of any program that is a close parallel to FixVTS.

[EDIT] Hey Freebird, I'm one up on you, better get busy. :P
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yep you sure are. Wait a minute... Since I've posted this were tied.

Of course you'll reply and then you'll be 1 up again.

I didn't even think of vobblanker but you are absolutely correct. And that's one of my favorite apps too.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    The development stopped on FixVTS. I was just wondering if something new was out.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    I can't think of a case where FixVTS has failed me . . . but maybe I'm forgetting something.
    Can anyone i.d. specific situations they've encountered where it fell short ?
    (I would not include something like Blu-Ray here, since it was never designed with that in mind.)
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I just used FixVTS about an hour ago to fix (a rip of) a DVD-R from a less than stellar DVD Recorder.
    Here's a lesson for you kids...."auto chapter markers" on your DVD recorder is BAD.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    PathPlayer in DVDFab is sort of like FixVTS right? As far as removing unplayable cells.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Ally68
    PathPlayer in DVDFab is sort of like FixVTS right?
    No

PathPlayer gives DVDFab the ability to copy DVD content only allowed to be played on a real DVD player. In this way, DVDFab will ignore unplayable content which may contain copy protection.
    FixVTS was never intended to do anything about copy protection. It was originally intended
    to be used exactly for what I used it for a few hours ago....to repair badly authored DVD Recorder DVDs.
    It was later incorporated into a DVD ripper(forget the name) made up of several other tools.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by hech54
    It was later incorporated into a DVD ripper(forget the name) made up of several other tools.
    Yeah, RipIt4Me.

Like Hech54 says, FixVTS is not a ripping tool, so why would it need to be updated? It just fixes DVD structure, to bring it into compliance. It has just that one function, and does it well.

Freebird, I'll never catch up with you now. :P
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you for the help.
    Quote Quote