VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    8) Hi:

Is it possible to combine 2 VIDEO_TS folders into one to burn to a DVD-R Dual layer? I know that both VIDEO_TS folders have the same file names, but has anyone ever tried this successfully?

Thanks. This looks like a great forum! My first post here..... 8)

Tony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is only possible to create a composite DL DVD, having common video manager (single VIDEO_TS.IFO file and common VIDEO_TS.VOB) and single folder. An easy way is using DVDRemake's 'Merge DVDs' option. It will create top menu for selection of both parts with their original menus. It is also possible there to edit navigation commands for sequential playback of titles, but this needs some experience and knowledge of DVD structure and commands.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Welcome

You would need to re-author.

One simple way may be to use DVDShrink in its reauthor mode, however, the DVD will play as one long video, meaning you will have to skip through chapters to get to the second video.

Denis
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys. Basically, I have a 6.11G video, but is broken up into 2 discs. It is a continuous movie. So i guess using the "Remake" option is the way to go.

BTW, i'm on a mac. don't know if DVD shrink works...
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK, I didn't know that until you just said it just now.

Maybe try DVD2oneX for mac, but I think you still end up with the one long video problem.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry. I probably should have mentioned that to begin with

The one long video may not be a problem, since the DVD is one continuous event (a concert) that is split over 2 discs. It might actually be an improvement, rather than having to switch discs in the middle.

i'll try that software and see what happens!

thanks for the help.......
    Quote Quote  
  7. The one long video may not be a problem, since the DVD is one continuous event (a concert) that is split over 2 discs. It might actually be an improvement, rather than having to switch discs in the middle.
    Well in that case, it will definitely work the way you want it to, & you will still be able to skip through the chapters.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our mac section.
    Quote Quote  
  9. You can do it this the last version of myDVDEdit.

Look my last tutorial which explains how add a VTS file in a DVD project.

You will have to add some commands to jump from the end of the first title to the begin of the second. As they are in different VTS files you will have to jump to a VMG Menu PGC first.

Easier than this could appear.

Jerome
    myDVDEdit, the DVD resource editor.
    myDVDEdit, l'éditeur de ressources du DVD.
    Quote Quote