VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm pretty much done with nero, its so bloated and slow
    what is a good alternative,
    all i really do is burn mp3 cds/ audio cds, put video files together and make a dvd with menu.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have imgburn,
    you cant put together a dvd with menu's with it

something like dvd flick, which is actually really good except that if your title is too long on your menu, it runs off the screen!

i was hoping for one program that will do both those things, burn mp3 cds, and create dvd movies with menus, like nero is able to do,

but i can settle for seperate programs, actually im looking at dvdflick and burnaware might do the trick
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I know this is not you want to hear but really you will get the best results if you use separate software for each part of the process.

Use a dedicated video and audio encoder. Avisynth framserving to Hcenc and wavi with aften are a good combination.

Use a good dvdauthoring software like guifordvdauthor to create your dvd.

Burn the dvd files you just created with imgburn.

The above process takes some time to learn but once you do you will be very happy with the results you can get.

If you really don't want to go that route then avstodvd is considered very good for dvd creation.

Imgburn just can't be beat for burning cd's and dvd's in my opinion.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are several stripped down versions of Nero available on the Web that are not bloated. Try a search for 'Nero Lite'
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by m-man
    I'm pretty much done with nero, its so bloated and slow
    what is a good alternative,
    all i really do is burn mp3 cds/ audio cds, put video files together and make a dvd with menu.

thanks
    You know you don't have to install everything in Nero. Since all the different apps in Nero can be installed seperately, simply install only what you want. From the info in your post above, I would install Nero Burning Rom for CD/DVD/mp3 burning and Nero Vision for making DVD's with menus. You may also have a need for Nero Recode and maybe, but not really Nero Express. Other than those, you can leave all the other stuff out.

Like everyone else will tell you...I would keep using ImgBurn for all DVD burning.
    Quote Quote