VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Most Torrent sites now try to re-direct you to a pay site which claims to be faster. Are these faster sites safe,do they sell your information. are any of them safe and reliable?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by wulf109
    Most Torrent sites now try to re-direct you to a pay site which claims to be faster. Are these faster sites safe
    Safe from what?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I would not recommend paying to join any download site. Not only is the probability high that such sites may not help you get stuff faster, they could potentially be legal targets for the RIAA and MPAA. I can pretty much guarantee you that any such sites will totally give up to the RIAA and MPAA any personal information they have on you if they are threatened with a subpoena. Also, employees of such sites might possibly sell your information (ie. credit card info) to thieves in places like Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wulf109
    Most Torrent sites now try to re-direct you to a pay site which claims to be faster. Are these faster sites safe,do they sell your information. are any of them safe and reliable?
    You must go to some pretty crappy torrent sites

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    wulf, I can't believe that you've been here SEVEN years and are asking questions about warez.

How do I know that it's warez?

1. Legit torrent downloads do not need to be searched for at torrent sites. They are already seeded and downloadable from their home site (ie. Openoffice)
    2. The types of re-directs and actually paying to get torrents. The whole purpose of torrents (legal or not) is to get stuff for free, through a (hopefully) faster, shared network.

Yes, some torrents are legit from places like Pirate Bay, but that's probably 0.000000000000000000000001%, as a generous estimate.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thankyou jman98 for providing an answer to my question.
    Quote Quote