VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just released the first version here - http://www.zachsaw.co.cc/?pg=suptitle_pgs_avisynth_plugin

SupTitle is an AviSynth plugin that renders Blu-ray PGS .SUP subtitles.
    SUP files can be extracted from a BD or HD DVD movie using eac3to.
    For bug reports, feedback or assistance, visit the SupTitle Forum.

# Supported colorspaces - YV12, YUY2, RGB24, RGB32
    # SIMD optimizations
    # Alpha channel transparency blending
    # Handles both HD-DVD and Blu-ray .SUP subtitle files extracted by eac3to
    # Perfect for hardsubbing forced subtitles with forced flag detection (e.g. subs for foreign dialogues)
    # Supports seek and jump

Note: It takes a while to start especially with large SUP files. SupTitle reads, verifies and caches all the SUP metadata on startup.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I will test this! And I hope this will be added to Ripbot264 and other blu-ray to converters.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks.

There are a few things which I am not entirely sure how to process from the SUP file - e.g. more than 1 subtitle window per entry. So I appreciate every bit of testing anyone could throw at it.

BTW, you'll need .NET v2.0 framework installed for the plugin.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    New version v1.0.1 is available. I've implemented additional optimizations. Speed improvement is definitely noticeable. Test the latest version instead.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately I don't find the sample code at http://www.zachsaw.co.cc/?pg=suptitle_pgs_avisynth_plugin very helpful in terms of how one would proceed using eac3to with an AviSynth file to convert a Blu-Ray PGS file to a standard SUP subtitles file.

The example Zach gives there appears to assume an AVI file source. Although I am relatively familiar with both AviSynth and eac3to, I can't see exactly what Zach intends in terms of using them with his SupTitle DLL plug-in for AviSynth.

Specifically, to take a PGS from a Blu-Ray would one first save the PGS files separately by demuxing, say with tsMuxer, and then use eac3to on the resulting PGS files or should one use eac3to to do the extraction directly. In either case, a bit of sample code would be most helpful and appreciated.

Thanks for any help!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Delete the post.
    Last edited by Charmer; 10th Aug 2011 at 13:15.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Delete the post.
    Last edited by Charmer; 10th Aug 2011 at 13:15.
    Quote Quote