VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I was just wondering if it was possible (and if so, if someone could provide) - a script i could run from the command line, such as VirtualDub.exe /s script filename.avi, which would cut a set segment (i.e from 5m - 10m) then save it
    (If it's not possible to do that, then perhaps VirtualDub.Exe /s script - then selecting the file - though the first would be preferred)

The only change to the default vdub settings is to change the video from full processing mode, to direct stream copy - ive saved the "processing settings" in vdub - however im unsure where to go from there.

If anyone could provide any assistance, it'd be greatly appreciated.

P.S If there is another program that can do it as efficiently as VDub - and would be easier to do this type of thing, suggestions as to other ways of just cutting a segment then saving it are also welcome.

Thankyou.

------------------------------------=========================================----------------------

No Longer An Issue - Easily Done With Mencoder.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    avidemux can do this and has a command line interface. What is more, if you inadvertently select a non-key-frame for the start of the segment, it will re-encode just that frame onwards until it reaches the next key-frame. All other copying is a la VDubs' 'direct stream copy'

So, you get the best of both worlds: frame-accurate cuts with (mostly) Direct Stream copy.
    Quote Quote