VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there, I apologise if a similar issue has already been addressed.

I've been following this guide so I can rip my Family Guy episodes on DVDs to an xvid format.

The problem, however, is that the .vob files produced (accompanied each by an approximately 60mb .ac3 file and approx. 1gb .m2v file) are 0kbs in size and hold no actual data, so when I try to convert them in AutoGK, it says "No video streams were found."

I've followed all the instructions - here is how it looks in pgcdemux:

I then move onto DVD Demuxer Tool so I can begin ripping the episodes to separate .vob files. Here are the settings I have used in Job Details:

I have also tried in Manual and VTS with different VTS Numbers selected and different First PGCs selected. My settings are identical to those found in the guide, except for paths to pgcdemux & mplex.

I hope to get this issue resolved, so thanks very much in advance to any one who has any suggestions! =)
    Quote Quote  
  2. did you decrypt the dvd to your hard drive first? using either dvdfab or anydvd?
    Quote Quote  
  3. In PGCDemux, under 'Options', check the 'Demux video stream' box.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your help. =)

I decrypted the DVD and checked the box 'Demux video stream'. This time, the .vob files that were created were working and around 1gb in size.

However, the audio in the first episode is very out of sync and the audio in the second episode is a bit out of sync. Is there any way to fix that?
    I know it's not a problem with the DVD because they are all original copies from the store and they are in excellent condition.

Thanks again for your help guys!
    Quote Quote  
  5. In PGCDemux hit the 'Check A/V Delay' bar and see if there's already a delay in the video. Even if there isn't, find and adjust the delay afterwards
    I know it's not a problem with the DVD
    It may not be a problem with the DVD itself, but it could easily be a problem with the way you decrypted it to the hard drive.

To find the delay, play the finished video in a player such as Media Player Classic Home Cinema that can adjust the delay on the fly. Use the +/- buttons on the keyboard and adjust until the audio is back in synch. 1000ms=1 second. Take note of that final figure. Open the finished AVI in VDubMod (answering 'No' to any questions about VBR MP3 audio). Set Video to Direct Stream Copy. Go Streams->Stream List, Right-click the audio, Interleaving, and in the Audio Skew Correction box fill in the amount you discovered. OK back to the main screen and File->Save As. Wait a few secoonds and test out the 'fixed' AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow! Thanks a lot! Worked perfectly!

Thanks so much you guys for all your help, this is a great place. =)

If a mod needs to close this thread or something they can, problem 100% fixed.

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote