VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been doing some mad googling on this topic, and keep turning up on this forum. So apparenlty there are people here who have this camera and can passtru capture with it, and i'm excited about that.

Anyway, what I've got goin' on is a VCR > composite/s-video cable > DVCamera > firewire > PC

I'm using that composite/s-video cable because I tried with a 3-core composite cable and came up with some v-hold issues. I only need the video anyway, so it's not really an issue.

I tried capturing with Adobe Premiere, but it refused to do so without a tape in the camera. I read somewhere about someone using Windows Movie Maker instead when that happened, but it also shows "No Tape" and doesn't capture. Basically same thing with WinDV.

I am getting the signal from the VCR to the camera though, so I could theoretically record onto a DV tape and then onto the computer, but you know that would be SUCH a pain!

So can someone here who has this camera walk me through exactly what I need to do? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do this in Vegas from time to time. I have to turn off the camera control in the capture section of Vegas so I can see the incoming live feed, and then capture it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote