VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Panasonic DMR-EZ27 and EZ28 I've had these recorders for over a year, (with no problems) I'm on comcast basic (no box) cable...... Lately, (it seems since the transition to "Digital" air waves), when I record a program between 8:00Pm & 9:00Pm, my recorders go CRAZY..... The preset record times are put in to the menu, I shut the unit down, when the time comes everything starts up perfectly, BUT,,,,, usually 6 to 8 min. into the record session, the CHANNEL CHANGES UPWARD! ! ! ! ! and every 5 sec afterward it CHANGES UPWARD AGAIN! ! ! ! for about 5 changes, it stays on that channel for about 10 min and then does the same thing AGAIN! ! ! ! at aproxinately the 40min mark of the recording session, theres a large (10sec) space of static, and the recorder ends up back on the originally programmed channel and finishes recording as if nothing happened........ The problem only happens between 8 & 9 PM, and has happened on both recorders.... I have talked to Comcast, because I feel they are sending update commands or something, at preset times and those signals are crossing lines and screwing up the tuner settings in my recorders.... Has ANYBODY had similar troubles with recording sessions lately, or is there someone out there, (maybe a comcast employee ? ? ?) that can shed some technical "LIGHT" on the subject? ? ? ? ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe you have a "G)-(OST" in your house.

It is funny that my TV's volume does a similar thing, where it raises all by it self, I have put it down to, when it heats up, the volume on the TV thinks a human is touching the "touch control" volume, but it is just the heat from the TV, maybe a similar thing is happening to the channels for you, are the channel controls "touch controled"?
    Quote Quote