VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Delete the post.
    Last edited by Charmer; 10th Aug 2011 at 11:28.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do a system restore before the problem happened.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Delete the post.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    System restore always works for me when any of my drives gets screwed up by a program,too bad you dont have it enabled,make another user account and see if you can use nero in that.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by charmed94
    I've used Nero 7 for burning files, and two days ago something happened. It couldn't recognize CD/DVD Recorders! I was surprised, nothing like this happens to me in past. So, i've decided to install the latest version of Nero 9. When i installed it, again the same problem. The only difference was that Nero 9 showed what kind of problem is it:

I posted this question into forum, and some guy told me to see if i have a program like Daemon Tools, the program which creates Virtual Drive. In the time he said that to me, i've remembered that i was mounted a drive with UltraISO, then everything of this happened. I deleted all the programs that kind, UltraISO and Daemon Tools Pro, and all the virtual drives has gone, thank god.
    The problem still occurs! I really don't know what to do. I've tried everything i could remember. I googled so much, and every post is 5 years old and the problem was just outdated software. So, please don't answer me like: "Download latest Nero" or "Try other software like ImgBurn", blah blah. I think something is about Virtual Drives, just don't know what.
    Thanks in advance!
    It is telling you what to do.......

Nero 9\Nero Toolkit\Nero Burn Rights\grant yourself burn rights
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  6. Delete the post.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Delete the post.
    Last edited by Charmer; 10th Aug 2011 at 11:27.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There may be an easier fix than reformat. Have you tried removing the drive in Device Manager and have Windows reinstall it on restart? If that doesn't fix it try removing upper and lower filter values. Do Google search for "removing upper and lower filter values" if you don't know how to do it. I've only had this problem once, and removing the upper and lower filter values was an easy fix.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had the same issue on a dual boot vista/xp box. Vista could use the burner, XP could not.

Creating this batch file and running it solved the problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921476

BTW, I am running XP Home not Media Center and I do not have Sonic Solutions installed, nevertheless the above batch file (fixburn.bat) solved my problem.

Good luck,
    Jerry M
    Quote Quote  
  10. Delete the post.
    Last edited by Charmer; 10th Aug 2011 at 11:26.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ditch Nero, use Imgburn
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Delete the post.
    Last edited by Charmer; 10th Aug 2011 at 11:26.
    Quote Quote  
  13. What did ImgBurn say in the log window? If it can't see your burner, it should tell you why.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Delete the post.
    Quote Quote  
  15. AstroBurn uses the SPTD driver (like DAEMON Tools / Alcohol etc) and it can bypass buggy higher level drivers (it's very low level). There's a common virus doing the rounds now that blocks access to all your drives, maybe you picked it up - it can't be detected by most AV tools due to its rootkit style integration into your OS.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Delete the post.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Even Nero drivespeed can make optical drives "disappearing"...

Had that with Imgburn, ditched drivespeed, and all went well again.
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote