VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am having problems receiving BBC World service stream.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/
    Now, when I click, (see screenshot red circle) I only get a recording (endless loop) that says,
    "This is the BBC. There are no programs on this channel at present."
    This problem has been going on for weeks for about 8 hours at a time.
    I also tried using a proxy and still have the same problem.
    Is there a forum website where I can find out the reason for this problem? The BBC website has no info about this, and contacting them doesn't yield any useful answer.

Quote Quote  
  2. OK, thanks a lot. That link works. Where did you get the link? I'm assuming your link is a 3rd party provider of BBC streaming audio. I never thought to try something like that. Then, again, looking at your url, I can see that it is a BBC url. But the original BBC link (above screenshot, red circle) still does not work, ie, only get recording. I am really confused. Please explain.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I couldn't get your link to work either (same "no program" message). I found my link somewhere via the main page at bbc.co.uk (radio section). That led here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/ . There was an option launch in a standalone player so I lauched the WMP stream, then selected File -> Properties in WMP to get the link. I don't know if it's the same thing you link led to.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well, just goes to show. The BBC is so bloated, they can't even identify and repair this real basic problem. The BBC website has links to thousands of BBC podcasts, archives and articles, but the geeks that work there can't even get the most important thing (live streaming BBC audio) to work correctly. There is no way to contact them. I guess this problem will continue forever. I listen to the BBC World Service all night (I think really interesting) so when I can't receive it, I'm not a happy camper. Odd, I could not find anything on Google when I searched this problem. At first, I thought China had come up with a new high tech way of BBC blocking. Had to bring out the short wave radio.
    Quote Quote