VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys/gals. I'm new to this site but have seen an old answer to this question. I'm looking for a regular stand alone dvd player that can play .wmv or h.264 on a burned dvd+/-r. I hate waiting 2 hours to convert and burn a 1 hour dvd, and I don't want to buy another xbox 360 for myself to play them. the kids will start to wonder why I'm taking their xbox to my room! thanks in advance, George
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just some extra info, I tried looking in google and bing and only get a few useful links, but all are from like 2-4 yrs ago and list names of companies that I've never heard of. I read that if your dvd plays divx, it will play .wmv, but I tried and it doesn't work on my samsung which supposedly plays divx. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. This is a popular request lately but the fact is there's no player that supports all formats, your best bet is to make a cheap HTPC or get a external HDD and stream it to your 360.
    BTWivX and WMV are very different formats.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WDTV and a portable HDD will give you most flexibility in a small format.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wd tv looks cool, but reviews from bestbuy.com have some complaints of picture quality. looks like for the time being I'll have to muddle by with nero conversions unless anyone knows of a faster and better conversion program? I actually connected my laptop to my samsung dvdplayer/recorder, but looks like the picture on my laptop (original video file) is better than the copy with s-video connection. at least a 1 hour video will take one hour to record in this setup instead of 2.5 hours with converting and burning. what conversion programs do you guys recommend?
    Quote Quote