VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello All,

I've searched as much as I could on this topic before posting. I have a DVD of a church event that I would like to upload to YouTube. I have tried many many converters to convert the DVD file to AVI or MP4 without much success. The file converts without any problems, however, when I play it back using Windows Media or any other player the picture is pixilated and the audio has intermittent popping. I'm currently using HandBrake to do the conversion. I have messed with any of the settings. Am I missing something?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try also play using vlc media player to rule out any codec/decoders problems first(vlc has built in decoders).

If still pixilated then try increase the bitrate(bigger file size) in handbrake. And try mp3 and/or aac audio.

Or try other dvd to avi/mp4 encoders like autogk, staxrip or xvid4psp and see it works better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the answer. I've tried VLC and I still get the pixilation and popping. However, I'll try the others that you listed and see if it gets any better.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've increased the bitrate to 128000 and it's fix some of the pixilating. However, there is still minor popping. I've tweaked the sample rate and DRC and I hope that this will work. Has anyone encountered this issue before?
    Quote Quote