VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have just bought a new AXIL RT 196, a TDT tuner with USB based PVR functionality.

TV programs are recorded as .TS (Transport Stream) files.

Is it possible to convert these .TS files to .mpg but WITHOUT re-encoding video? If so, which tool do you recommend? I am interested in authoring and recording some programs into DVD video format, but without introducing additional losses.

By the way, the AXIL RT 196 offers a quite good user interface and tuned and recorded picture quality. A really cheap PVR solution for standard definition TDT.

Bye.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What format TS files are they? If they are MPEG2 with AC3 or MPA audio then MPEGStreamclip will do it (free program) or Womble and VideoRedo (costware) If they are H264 take a look at other forum posts for a solution.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for the answer, netmask56.

The .TS files are MPEG2, not H264. Video and audio are captured such as they are broadcasted (in Spain).

Paco M.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The best freeware is ProjectX - check for newer version here: http://www.oozoon.de/main_en.html

If you are looking for a tool which cuts with frame accuracy, as recommended above VideoReDo is the best.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you for your advice and links. I use free software tools (http://www.techsupportalert.com/) as much as possible but I did not know ProjectX. There is a recent version (last May).

For frame accuracy cut I use a very old versión of MPEG2VCR (but it works!).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Does anyone know some free media player that support .ts files?

I would like to avoid conversion from .ts into other more playable format?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote