VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently installed DVD Slideshow GUI. I have set up a slideshow with 287 photographs and each time I try to export to ISO or DVD Folder I get an error from the program that says, "Not enough harddisk space!"

The computer has almost 16 GB of free disk space on the C Drive.

Anyone have the solution?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've run a slideshow with 287 slides and it exportes to 'dvd folders' without any problems. So it doesn't seem to be a math problem.

When DSG is exporting it works with temp files on the destination drive, meaning that even though you got enough space on the drive where you installed DSG(ex. C), you might get a problem if you're exporting to drive D. So please check the free space on the drive you're exporting to.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I would be happy to take a look at your .dsg file, if you can reproduce the problem with a slideshow consisting of the 'a.jpg' and 'b.jpg' images found in the main DSG folder.

EDIT: Okay now I'm able to produce the error message. Until I get the time to fix it export to .all and and add the elements manually to either Muxman or Gui for dvdauthor to author your dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The only drive I have in that machine is the C Drive. I could add an external with much more space, but space doesn't appear to be an issue.

Originally Posted by tin2tin
    EDIT: Okay now I'm able to produce the error message. Until I get the time to fix it export to .all and and add the elements manually to either Muxman or Gui for dvdauthor to author your dvd.
    I'm not sure what you mean. I suppose ".all" is an export option, but then what would I do?

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Update:

I tried exporting to .all, and got the same error regarding "Not enough harddrive space."
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One last update before trying another computer:

I added a 500GB drive and got the same error, so space is not the issue.

I've also tried different aspect ratios etc.

After it gets to "Saving AVS Script" the first error you see in the info box says "ERROR, can't process AVS file, wait for Avisynth error message. See Bellow:

The next message in the info box says, "ERROR, AudioDub: need an audio and a video track" (there is no audio on this slideshow by the way) See Below:

Then you get the following disk space error:

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Installed on a newer, faster computer and got the same issue so it must be a bug in the .dsg file. Giving up unless anyone has the answer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well, does your slideshow run ok (no error messages) when you preview it?(It will not be realtime with that amount of images)

If you have Vista on those computers DSG must be run as admin.

What version of DSG are you using?

That error might be connected to the conversion of chapterpoints, so try to avoid exporting to files with chapterpoints. MPG, M2V, AC3 should be ok. (If I remember correctly then Muxman (free) or Gui for dvdauthor (free too) accepts some of those formats, but you'll need to download them to check.)

If there is an audio-related problem - try to add some audio(wav) file to the slideshow.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All machines are running XP Pro and it's version 0.9.1.6.

I'm not sure what Chapterpoints are, so I doubt that I inserted any.

I tried the MPG format and hadt he same issue. My goal is to be able to burn it to a DVD for home video players.

I'll try adding audio, although there is no audio in the example file.

I also sent you a PM with a location where I uploaded the data file if you'd still be willing to review it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. There is a bug in the transition called "Dissolve_Blue.avs" - I think that's causing the audio error. So change that transition into something else. If this solves the audio-problem take a look at muxman and fin out what files it needs mpg/m2v/ac3 and export those from DSG, import in Muxman, and let it author a dvd. The resulting folders you just burn on a dvd as data - and then you should have a playable dvd.

It's past midnight here in Europe, gotta get some sleep. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I think that you'll be able to export it succesfully if you keep your slideshow in less than 98 slides.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It appears that I was able to solve the rest of the problem. Right before your last post, I'd gotten it to the point that the first error was gone, and I was only dealing with the Audio Error. Your direction to replace the "Dissolve_Blue.avs" seems to have fixed that problem and for that I thank you very much as I'd never have figured that one out on my own.

Last night I got one to apparently render correctly in PAL format. Right now I'm testing the two NTSC formats as that is what I'd need. As soon as I've verified all is working correctly I'll post back.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Glad to hear that. Strangely I can't reproduce that error myself now. Did you change the number of slides in the slideshow which renders succesfully?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not at all. I kept the slides the same. The only difference from a slide standpoint was turning off the Dissolve_Blue.

The issue seemed to be related to the Safe Area checkbox in the settings area. The sample file rendered correctly, so I changed all my setting to be exactly the same as the sample file and got it to render. Then whenever I went to change formats, I only used the pulldown menu and let it take the defaults including the safe area formatting for that type format and it seems to have resolved the problem.

In reality, we were fighting two battles. The first error, which had to do with the Safe Area and the second battle which was audio/Dissolve Blue. The second one I'd have most likely given up before I ever figured that one out on my own, so thank you yet again.
    Quote Quote