VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. what site sells the 50gb recordable blueray for cheap??? they are like $17 at frys
    Quote Quote  
  2. That's the best price I've seen for 50gb. Shop4Tech has them for 23.99, but that's only if you buy 10 at a time. Does fry's do online sales?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Have you tried them? I don't know if I would spend $17 on a panasonic disc and it be a coaster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. nope, frys dont have no sales on 50gb. and thats 17 a piece.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by mol3000
    nope, frys dont have no sales on 50gb. and thats 17 a piece.

anyone else
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FRYS.com # items:

5808723 PanaSonic 50GB Write Once 5Pk Blu-Ray Printable Disk $59.99 $59.99
    Shipping: Same Day Store Pickup: Available subtotal: $59.99

You do the math $60/5=
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sony 50gb BD+R DLs for $16 at mediamegamall. I bought some and they arrived in about a week. I also bought a spingle of "house brand" 25gb discs at $2.99 / unit. I've used about half, with no "coasters" so far.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried the following BD-R DL and BD-RE DL.
    1. Panasonic 50 GB from frys.com (I think I paid ~20$ about 6 months ago)Disc ID: MEI-T01-01.
    works well on my 60GB PS3. I tested this on Panasonc BD35 player, and also on PS3 80GB box. Works well.
    2. Sony BD-R DL 50 GB (ebay japan. 5 pack for 50$). Disc ID: MEI-T01-01 (same disc id as above pansonic).
    This works well as in case 1.
    3. TDK BD-RE DL 50 GB (3pack for $51) from ebay japan. Disc ID: TDKBLD-Wfa-00.
    Works well on Panasonic BD35 and 80GB PS3. on my 60GB PS3 gets stuck. I think it the 60GB PS3 not able to handle
    for whatever reason.
    4. TDK BD-R 50 GB from ebay japan. 10$/disc. Disc ID: TDKBLD-RFB-00. I bought 10. Out of this only 3 I was able to
    burn on my LG GGW-H20L Y05 with out any hassle. After I updated to Imgburn 2.5.0, I was able to burn 3 more out
    of the remianing 7. But playing on PS3 is not great. Gets stuck at the end of 50% or so.
    I will avoid this one until TDK gets this right.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I live in Japan so I can get my hand on printable BD-R DL (50GB) for around $70 (6500 yen). I have a Blu-ray TV recorder that I use to record soccer games and other stuff. But I'm still looking for something cheaper. Has anybody seen any web sites selling BD-R DL discs for a better price?
    Hash
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by musr139
    I have tried the following BD-R DL and BD-RE DL.
    1. Panasonic 50 GB from frys.com (I think I paid ~20$ about 6 months ago)Disc ID: MEI-T01-01.
    works well on my 60GB PS3. I tested this on Panasonc BD35 player, and also on PS3 80GB box. Works well.
    2. Sony BD-R DL 50 GB (ebay japan. 5 pack for 50$). Disc ID: MEI-T01-01 (same disc id as above pansonic).
    This works well as in case 1.
    3. TDK BD-RE DL 50 GB (3pack for $51) from ebay japan. Disc ID: TDKBLD-Wfa-00.
    Works well on Panasonic BD35 and 80GB PS3. on my 60GB PS3 gets stuck. I think it the 60GB PS3 not able to handle
    for whatever reason.
    4. TDK BD-R 50 GB from ebay japan. 10$/disc. Disc ID: TDKBLD-RFB-00. I bought 10. Out of this only 3 I was able to
    burn on my LG GGW-H20L Y05 with out any hassle. After I updated to Imgburn 2.5.0, I was able to burn 3 more out
    of the remianing 7. But playing on PS3 is not great. Gets stuck at the end of 50% or so.
    I will avoid this one until TDK gets this right.
    What solfware are you using to burn your disc??
    I read that people are having no problems playing back blu-rays burned in Roxio Toast for Mac (don't know about Windows) on their PS3. You might want to check it out.
    Hash
    Quote Quote