VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello am working on a movie and am trying to add a different source file for the sound but it's always out of sync, am working with an avi and mp3 file
    i try to use tmpgenc express but there is a small problem the max delay i can use is -60000ms when i would need more like -80000ms maybe more
    is there any other easy software that would do the trick for me ???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    For AVI type file formats, I like AVIDemux and VirtualDub as they can do a bit more than just edit.

But others may have different opinions. Depends on what you mean by 'best' and 'easy' and what features are important to you.

And welcome to our forums.

EDIT: Might your MP3 have VBR audio? You can check with Gspot or MediaInfo. It can cause sync problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks thats the name i could not remeber virtualdub i was going to try nandub but it's a long time i didnt play with it am not event sure what is it for hahahaha
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    VirtualDub has several hundred filters available. You may not use them every time, but they can save a problem video with proper use. Some filters here: http://www.thedeemon.com/VirtualDubFilters/ Two of my favorites are ColorMill II and Gradation Curves. Both can do wonders with problem video. If you need a bit more power, try Neat Video for a comprehensive filtering package for noisy video, but it's not freeware.

EDIT: You can set a audio +- delay in VD. It's in milliseconds.(1/1000 of a second) But you need to determine the offset first. A player like Media Player Classic will allow you to adjust a delay and determine the offset required, then you plug that into VD. This works for sync offset problems. If the audio file is a different length than the video, then you need to adjust the video or audio length. The symptom is gradually changing sync error as the file plays. For that, I put the audio into Audacity and adjust it's length. Combinations of both can be very difficult.
    Quote Quote