VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What are some basic settings I should look at for streaming an instructional video on my website? Should I use my own dedicated server or use a service like vimeo? What are some fil sizes and bit-rate or other qualities to look at to keep file size to a minimum with minimal tradeoff in quality?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It depends. If you except several thousand of viewers it might be better hosting it somewhere else. But if not I would make it and host it myself.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The video is 12 minutes long. In .MOV the file is 75MB with sound. I used flash and removed sound and the video quality is slightly worse at 124MB. Does anyone have a good article on optimizing a video for the web?

My goal is to imbed the video onto the home page or other webpages. I could possibly have a download link instead.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd simply use a sharing site
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie
    I'd simply use a sharing site
    What are the best sharing sites? I believe Youtube will stuff my video with their own advertisements right? I need the video to be around 600 pixels wide, and since it is going on my commercial website, I can't have competitor ads showing up on my video.

I tried out Vimeo too, while the video quality is nice the streaming was too slow.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    You can try ExposureRoom.
    The video quality is good but I have problems with seeking on their videos.
    Quote Quote