VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to edit commercials out of a video I recorded on my DVD recorder and put in a few chapter marks. I thought this should be simple enough. I'm using NeroVision Express3 and I have the video in the editor with the time line. I can move through the video just fine with the position marker.

If I move the position market over the spot that I want to cut out, the split item and cut mode buttons are disabled (located under the preview window). The other buttons are just fine. Somehow I did get it to make some splits in the video but when I move the position market to another position in the video, the video track background color went from dark blue to light blue and the split and cut buttons become disabled.

How do I re-enable these buttons?

TIA
    Brent
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well to cut out your commercials the easiest way would be to write down the start/end times of each one. You don't want to split, you want to cut. Then work (click on) the Preview (top) part. Move your cut sliders for the first commercial from both ends using your previously noted points. Here you can use your previously noted start/end points. Click on the Start slider then enter your numbers directly, then do the same after clicking the end slider. Hit the scissors.

On the Timeline the edited portion will now be light blue. You now want to move the position marker into the dark blue (untouched) next section. Go back up into the Preview section and repeat again for commercial 2. Keep repeating this pattern till done.

It sounds much more complicated that it really is.

If you plan on doing a lot of this, VideoReDo with it's Automatic Commercial Detection will make your life much easier..
    Quote Quote