VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    This is the first time I am trying to make a DVD from my .AVI file. It is a video we took at home...
    I am using laptop with DVD-RW drive and ConvertXtoDVD V3 - and trying to play on Panasonic DMR ES46V. I used a Dynex DVD-R disk to burn the video. I burned the DVD using default settings (or so I thought).

The problem is - when I try to play the newly created DVD on my Panasonic player (hooked to TV) - it says'
    "Your selection exceeds the rating you have set. Change the rating to allow playback."
    The DVD player is set to play all rating DVD (highest setting is 8). It plays commercial DVDs with no problem.

I do not see a setting in ConvertXtoDVD to set the DVD rating - can this be done? Is it my problem or might it be something else?

When I try to play the newly burned DVD on my laptop (which created it) - it seems to hang in space. The HP player screen came up but didn't play the DVD.

Am I missing something obvious here? any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Misty
    Quote Quote  
  2. that most likely falls in the something else pile. convertx doesn't create a rating. since the drive that burned it doesn't seem to be able to read it, i would guess it's most likely bad media. try to get some verbatim dvd-r or taiyo yuden dvd-r.
    Quote Quote