VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I searched this topic but I have not found a clear cut answer. If I copy multiple m2ts files to a DVD or DVD-DL will the PS3 see all the files and play them? When you insert a DVD, the PS3 will tell you that it has found and AVCHD disc and then you just select play to play the disc. So if I have multiple m2ts files ... what will happen?

Will it just recognize the first file and ignore the rest or do I have to place the files in a specific AVCHD folder?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you burn the mt2s files as data then you will seem them listed and you can choose which file you would like to play from the PS3 menu.

If you want to create a true AVCHD disc then you need to author it in a manner not dissimilar to DVD authoring. Try looking at Multi-AVCHD as an option. It will let you author multiple files and creates a menu for you as well.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Guns1inger,

Exactly the answer I was looking for. I read about Multavchd but was not sure about how the PS3 handled multiple m2ts files on a DVD without any directory structure.

Thank you very much,
    Quote Quote