VideoHelp Forum

Poll: DVDfab plat or anydvd + clonedvd

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Having trouble picking a program to use. Friend been using anydvd its great also hear dvdfab plat is great too little cheap anydvd with clone dvd. if you had to pick one what 1 would you pick. Just need simple program copies my movies at home to a dvd-r. nothing special basic not into other menus etc.. just put in the dvd and copy all looking to do, thanks

dont mind the prices just wanna make sure get one that will do the jobs on the dvd not have problem
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to videohelp.com

You don't even have to spend any money on backing up your dvd collections.
    Use FREEWARE:
    DVDFAB HD DECRYPTER
    DVD SHRINK
    IMGBURN

Or you could buy DVD REBUILDER PRO for $30.00. It uses an actual video encoder. If you're new to this then get DVD SHRINK. All you're going to use with DVDFAB HD DECRYPTER is to rip the files which is FREE TO USE. Then use DVD SHRINK to compress your dvd files and lastly use IMGBURN to burn to dvd media. Just my 2 cents!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if use that it will be same quality has dvd?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    only if the dvd is small enough to fit on a dvd r or you use dual layer disks,if not it will be the same as or slightly better than the pay for programs,I prefer any dvd and dvdrebuilder,but thats just me,others will prefer dvd fab or something else.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My suggestion is to read the guides section on how to back up your dvd discs. DVD REBUILDER PRO is the best when it comes to video quality.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    The best solution is using DVDfab and choosing the main movie option. CloneDVD also has this option, plus it lets you preserve the menu. Like posted earlier, it's freeware vs. trialware.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There is no best solution. There is what works best for you. What I prefer will most certainly be different from what others prefer.

That being said if you need to shrink a dvd9 to a dvd5 an encoder will always produce a better picture than a transcoder.

The nice thing is that all of the software you are considering and that has been suggested to you are all either freeware or have free trials so you can test them out and see if they meet your needs.

Personally I use the free decrypter in dvdfab, blank out any unwanted material with vobblanker, and then use the last freeware version of dvdrebuilder with HCenc as it's encoder to shrink the blanked output to a dvd5.

All with freeware.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I backed up movies with AnyDVD + CloneDVD, which failed in DVDFAB 6-Plt.
    It costs, but you get what you pay for.
    The new version of DVDFab seems much faster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I don't encode or transcode my movies. After choosing the main movie option, they are usually DVD5. Some longer movies are still around 5 to 6GB which is DVD9. But it's only space on your computer, right?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Around 2005 or 2006 ... I bought both ... AnyDVD and CloneDVD ... both work great ... I have no problems ripping DVD disks. Price for both 63 bucks.
    Quote Quote  
  11. If you're just looking to do movie-only discs, the all-free options will work fine for you.

DVD Fab HD Decrypter
    DVD Shrink
    IMG Burn
    Quote Quote