VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I have movie clips in mp4 format, which was taken by Sanyo's XACTI camera (it automatically compresses the movie clips into mp4).
    If I'm using 2 or 3 movie clips, I'm able to edit, and then export my project as WMV, but for example, now I have all together 10 movie clips (for a project which is about 8 minutes), and when I export it to WMV, it stuck on 9 minutes (while the time estimated to finish is just increasing all the time...)

I can also tell that when I use those clips in Windows Movie Maker, I have 10 icons of Haali Media Splitter, 2 ffdshow video decoder, and 2 ffdshow audio decoder in the taskbar. When I start the exporting of the project into WMV, those icons multiply (20 icons of Haali Media Splitter etc.)

What should I do?

Thank you,
    Tom
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe first join all the mp4's to one clip using YAMB or avidemux and then edit it in WMM.

Or try mp4cam2avi and edit the avis in WMM.

Or change so ffdshow only uses one instance, under the settings somewhere....but maybe wmm will get problem decoding the video then.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The last option sounds the best, because it means I won't have to re-edit my clip. How can I do that "one instance" in ffdshow? i can't find it in the setting.. Could you please point me where?
    Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Windows movie maker will twitch at the slightest problem, best you use the second option Baldrick mentioned then bring those into the program ... this leaves a lot of these other decoders out of the sequence where these problems are likely to appear.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, thanks, that's what I will do
    Quote Quote